If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Jacksonville University
Jacksonville, Florida

JU Hoops Official Site

Tony Jasick
5th Season as JU Head Coach

2018-2019 Schedule/Results
  • NOV 06 - Florida A&M ................................... L, 65-50
    NOV 10 - @ Northern Arizona ....................... L, 97-82
    NOV 12 - @ Grand Canyon ............................ L, 76-59

Ungar Classic in Mobile, AL
    NOV 16 - vs. SE Misouri State ........................ L, 77-71
    NOV 17 - @ South Alabama .......................... W, 71-48
    NOV 18 - vs. Chattanooga ............................. W, 74-66

NOV 21 - Florida Memorial ........................... W, 123-77
    NOV 24 - @ Western Carolina ........................ L, 77-65
    DEC 01 - SC State .......................................... W, 71-69
    DEC 04 - @ Presbyterian .............................. W, 94-88
    DEC 08 - Middle Georgia State ...................... W, 100-57
    DEC 15 - @ Bethune-Cookman ..................... W, 79-71
    DEC 20 - @ Notre Dame ................................ L, 100-74
    DEC 22 - @ Indiana ....................................... L, 94-64
    DEC 30 - Presbyterian ................................... L, 72-67
    JAN 05 - Lipscomb* ...................................... L, 77-74
    JAN 09 - @ Kennesaw State* ........................ W, 90-70
    JAN 12 - @ Liberty* ...................................... 2:00 PM
    JAN 16 - North Alabama*
    JAN 19 - @ NJIT*
    JAN 24 - @ North Florida*
    JAN 27 - Liberty*
    JAN 30 - Stetson*
    EEB 02 - @ Florida Gulf Coast*
    FEB 06 - Kennesaw State*
    FEB 09 - @ Lipscomb*
    FEB 13 - @ Stetson*
    FEB 20 - North Florida*
    FEB 23 - NJIT *
    FEB 26 - @ North Alabama*
    MAR 01 - Florida Gulf Coast*

Key Player
    #1 J.D. Notae
    6' 2" 185 lbs Sophomore Guard
    Thru 17 Games: Averaging 14.5 Pts, 5.9 Rebs & 4.9 Assists + 33.3% on 3-Pt Attempts

#14 Jace Hogan
    6' 6" 235 lbs Senior Forward (Navy Transfer)
    Thru 17 Games: Averaging 14.4 Pts, 5.4 Rebs & .9 Assists + 51.1 FG%
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
This team is very streaky. Start the year with a four game losing streak, then sandwich a three and four game winning streak around a loss to Western Carolina, then lose four in a row again before their win over Kennesaw State...the only thing i can say is I hope we get more famine than feast from this bunch...at least it's a home game
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
So McCracken started a GoFund me page to help him travel to away games. What a joke, he's cashing in on all this attention he's getting.
By Jonathan Carone
ballah09 wrote:So McCracken started a GoFund me page to help him travel to away games. What a joke, he's cashing in on all this attention he's getting.
Or he wants to go to the games and it’s a lot harder in the ASun than the Big South. More power to him asking for help.
By cruzan_flame13
ballah09 wrote:So McCracken started a GoFund me page to help him travel to away games. What a joke, he's cashing in on all this attention he's getting.

He was getting attention way before the ASUN, so that'smost likely not the case. As John stated, it’s more difficult to travel to away games than it was in the Big South.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Or he wants to go to the games and it’s a lot harder in the ASun than the Big South. More power to him asking for help.
He’s annoying as all get out. But super props to him!
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
You're right, It's just my bias showing because I don't want to hear his high pitch voice more than I have to.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Cashing in? I'm not sure his goal is to get rich. He just wants to support arguably the best men's basketball team in school history.

More power to him. I may find him annoying but i love his passion
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Cashing in? I'm not sure his goal is to get rich. He just wants to support arguably the best men's basketball team in school history.

More power to him. I may find him annoying but i love his passion
Agreed. Imagine if we had a student section full of people with his passion (minus the screeching)...we would have one of the worst places to play for an opponent
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Our shooting is bad
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.... no.
We are one of the best shooting teams in the country, both overall and from 3, and we ended up shooting 49% for the game, which is just about our season average. Every team hits a cold streak now and then, which happened to us in the second half, and you jump on it and make an ignorant comment like that. :roll:

Ritchie is not one to blow smoke about an opponent being dangerous and better than their record shows. This was a good win.
Last edited by olldflame on January 12th, 2019, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Our shooting is bad
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.... no.
We are one of the best shooting teams in the country, both overall and from 3, and we ended up shooting 49% for the game, which is just about our season average. Every team hits a cold streak now and then, which happened to us in the second half, and you jump on it and make an ignorant comment like that. :roll:

Ritchie is not one to blow smoke about an opponent being dangerous and better than their record shows. This was a good win.
Consider the source. He will probably say he just meant that one possession
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
thepostman wrote:He probably left early
I'll verify he didn't.
Stalker
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Students are still off campus or moving in... wasn’t really a lot of them there.

Late arriving crowd but there was probably 3k+
By OneHope
I agree with what someone said...It would be great to have a bout 500 with MCs passion but not the screech! I was there ...a good number there, about the most I’ve seen this season. Jerry jr was there a few Isles from me. More Flames seats filled than I’ve seen so far. I’m not sure if the students are back or not but the band was not there...I really like it when they are there.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]