If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
My brother just texted me this, "I'm watching the liberty game. Has this screaming lady been a thing all year? lol"

The lady you ask? Not a lady but mccracken....

Once again I have to mute another game.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I was about to say, I had to do the same thing for the first time ever. We're up 20 and they're hitting their free throws so obv. his @#$@ isn't working in fact his #$%@ never works. He needs to stop and I wish these announcers stop giving him the attention.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
As does liberty athletics. I sure hope the people trying go organize a better student section are so loud we can no longer hear him. It would be a dream come true.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Another 20 pt dub and we didnt real real well which is understandable with all the travel etc. it feels like were getting close to opening a can on somebody for a 35 plus pt beatdown one night when everything clicks.

Jacksonville is strange. Resume doesnt look impressive at all until they took lipscomb to the wire. I mean they split with presby and beat sc st by 2.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Paper said Jacksonville beat KSU by 20 last night.

On the LU side, the paper mentioned that 5'8" Darius McGhee led us in rebounding with 8 boards. :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:I was about to say, I had to do the same thing for the first time ever. We're up 20 and they're hitting their free throws so obv. his @#$@ isn't working in fact his #$%@ never works. He needs to stop and I wish these announcers stop giving him the attention.
I'm 100% behind JJ in everything he does as a Liberty superfan except for the useless and annoying screeching. I wish there was someone on this board he knows and respects who could talk to him and let him know how people feel about it. I believe you know who you are. :wink: 8)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Paper said Jacksonville beat KSU by 20 last night.

On the LU side, the paper mentioned that 5'8" Darius McGhee led us in rebounding with 8 boards. :shock:
Looks like Jacksonville is starting to hit their stride. We need to be ready for a tougher test Saturday than we have had in our first 2 ASUN games. KSU is as bad at basketball as they are good at football. Darius is a special talent. He has that amazing vertical, but I think the rebounding is more a matter of quickness and tenacity.
Last edited by olldflame on January 10th, 2019, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
ballah09 wrote:I was about to say, I had to do the same thing for the first time ever. We're up 20 and they're hitting their free throws so obv. his @#$@ isn't working in fact his #$%@ never works. He needs to stop and I wish these announcers stop giving him the attention.
I'm 100% behind JJ in everything he does as a Liberty superfan except for the useless and annoying screeching. I wish there was someone on this board he knows and respects who could talk to him and let him know how people feel about it. I believe you know who you are. :wink: 8)
Agreed. I love how passionate he is but because of the screeching he has become an army of one.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah...so I've noticed. I have started to voice my displeasure a bit more about that. I don't want to be a jerk, because I really do appreciate how much he supports athletics but at the same time he drives me crazy.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
I would promote him too. He's great for LU. We need McCraken day - where everyone dresses up like him and does the same thing. Then 0 do that every game. The games would be awesome!!!!!!!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:I would promote him too. He's great for LU. We need McCraken day - where everyone dresses up like him and does the same thing. Then 0 do that every game. The games would be awesome!!!!!!!
I want a loud Vines Center. Not an arena full of high pitched screams.
By Pilotguy24
thepostman wrote:
prototype wrote:I would promote him too. He's great for LU. We need McCraken day - where everyone dresses up like him and does the same thing. Then 0 do that every game. The games would be awesome!!!!!!!
+1

Also, not that I’m endorsing his loud scream but I was curious as I was watching the game last night what his statistics were on how effective it actually is. People say it’s not effective but I watched a Stetson guy miss 2 out of three straight free throws because of his scream. I’m too lazy to look it up and judging that Stetson went 6-9 and FGCU went 12-17, it hovers between mediocre and sort of effective. I don’t know if he was at the Alabama game but they missed 14 FTs that night.

Glad we got the win. Scottie James dunking is a highlight every time. TOs were annoying but our defense was stout as per usual.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Pilotguy24 wrote:
thepostman wrote:
+1

Also, not that I’m endorsing his loud scream but I was curious as I was watching the game last night what his statistics were on how effective it actually is. People say it’s not effective but I watched a Stetson guy miss 2 out of three straight free throws because of his scream. I’m too lazy to look it up and judging that Stetson went 6-9 and FGCU went 12-17, it hovers between mediocre and sort of effective. I don’t know if he was at the Alabama game but they missed 14 FTs that night.

Glad we got the win. Scottie James dunking is a highlight every time. TOs were annoying but our defense was stout as per usual.
I did some checking and was quite frankly shocked by the results. Our opponents are shooting an even 65% from the line this year. If they were a D1 team, that would place them at number 304, tied with Grambling and Indiana.

I'm not ready to say McCracken had anything to do with this, but he IS at EVERY game, and those numbers are eye-opening. :shock: :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:What are those teams shooting for the year overall?
Checking them all is more work than I care to do, but that .650 number is really low. Of the teams we have played, only FGCU, Savannah State and UCLA are shooting below that on the year, with FGCU barely so at 64.9. UCLA is the worst at 63.3.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
It can be annoying but if your the team or school you have to get behind him. Especially when the program is trying desparate to win back the fan base.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
One game last year, Sparky even dressed up like McCracken.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:It can be annoying but if your the team or school you have to get behind him. Especially when the program is trying desparate to win back the fan base.
Why? He’s one person. One incredibly annoying person. Northwestern did the right thing with their version of him.

https://deadspin.com/northwestern-offic ... 1831658663
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
McCracken doesn't really bother me. I block him out. He isn't as bad as the PA system having to blare out something during every "dead ball".
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
WinthropEagleFan wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Asheville is terrible. It’s weird.
Yeah...even though I knew they would struggle this year, it is still strange to see them be this bad (they lost by double-digits to D2 Fayetteville State and don't have a D1 win yet).

They are in dead last in the new NET rankings too...
What is perhaps even more bizarre is that McDevitt's new team, MTSU, is also awful, with a 3-14 record and 13 straight losses. Their only D1 win was a squeaker over chuck south. :shock:
DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]