If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
JK37 wrote:I think what we’re all simply asking, BC, is why?
There are teams around the nation I simply don't like, for no reason other than I don't like them. I think most people have teams that they do not like.
thepostman wrote:He doesn't have to have a reason!
It’s like you’re in his head
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:There are teams around the nation I simply don't like, for no reason other than I don't like them. I think most people have teams that they do not like.
I find this honesty refreshing. I know I have unjustified dislike for a number of teams.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
This guy is right up there with Roccgroh for best poster ever :)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
JK37 wrote:I think what we’re all simply asking, BC, is why?
There are teams around the nation I simply don't like, for no reason other than I don't like them. I think most people have teams that they do not like.
Which is true of most sport fans, the difference is you can not ever seem to give any school any credit when they are good if you don't like them.

It is either they got lucky, refs were crooked, recruiting is shady and the list goes on.

But on the flip side it is always entertaining to read your illogical rantings.
By cruzan_flame13
I mean isn't some of those reasons correct though in some way? I mean it seems like get violations all the time but we never "see" it coming. But I understand that you have to give credit when it's due.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, maybe a better question to ask is, why do you like UVa's baseball team?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach, maybe a better question to ask is, why do you like UVa's baseball team?
I admire their coaching staff. Like the way they "coach them up".
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
But couldn't you say the same thing about Tony Bennett and his staff?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I do not relate to basketball like I do baseball and softball.
That’s fair
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
About the only way the ASUN gets two bids is if Liberty and Lipscomb both win out with the exception of splitting with each other and one of them wins the conference tournament. Even then that's still some long odds.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:About the only way the ASUN gets two bids is if Liberty and Lipscomb both win out with the exception of splitting with each other and one of them wins the conference tournament. Even then that's still some long odds.
Best chance for an at large would not include a regular season split. One team wins out and then loses in the tournament final.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]