If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Florida Gulf Coast University
Fort Myers, Florida

FGCU Hoops Official Site

Alico Arena
Opened in 2002 - Seats 4500

Michael Fly
1st Season as FGCU Head Coach

2018-2019 Schedule/Results
  • NOV 06 - @ ILLINOIS STATE .......................... L 66-74
    NOV 08 - SOUTHEASTERN ............................ W 81-54
    NOV 11 - @ #10 MICHIGAN STATE ................. L 82-106

Gulf Coast Showcase
    NOV 16 - SOUTH DAKOTA STATE .................. W 84-78
    NOV 19 - vs. TOLEDO in ESTERO, FL ............ L 62-90
    NOV 20 - vs. COLORADO ST in ESTERO, FL ... L 74-82
    NOV 21 - vs. UTSA in ESTERO, FL ..................L 65-76

NOV 25 - @ FLORIDA ATLANTIC .................... L 68-85
    NOV 28 - FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL ............. L 80-81
    DEC 02 - COLGATE ........................................ L 56-74
    DEC 05 - @ ORAL ROBERTS ......................... W 96-76
    DEC 16 - @ UMBC ......................................... W 76-53
    DEC 19 - KEISER ........................................... W 87-85

METRO BY T-MOBILE ORANGE BOWL BASKETBALL CLASSIC in SUNRISE, FL
    DEC 22 - FLORIDA ......................................... L 56-77

DEC 29 - @ OLE MISS .................................... L 57-87
    JAN 05 - LIBERTY* ........................................ 7:00 PM ET
    JAN 08 - @ NORTH ALABAMA*
    JAN 12 - @ NORTH FLORIDA*
    JAN 19 - @ KENNESAW STATE*
    JAN 21 - STETSON*
    JAN 24 - @ LIPSCOMB*
    JAN 27 - NORTH FLORIDA*
    JAN 30 - @ NJIT*
    FEB 02 - JACKSONVILLE*
    FEB 06 - NORTH ALABAMA*
    FEB 09 - @ LIBERTY*
    FEB 13 - NJIT*
    FEB 16 - @ STETSON*
    FEB 20 - LIPSCOMB*
    FEB 23 - KENNESAW STATE*
    MAR 01 - @ JACKSONVILLE*

ASUN MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
    MAR 04 - QUARTERFINALS
    MAR 07 - SEMIFINALS
    MAR 10 - FINAL

Key Players
    #5 RaySean Scott Jr.
    6' 7" 245 lbs Junior Forward
    In 8 Games: Averaging 9.8 Pts, 8.1 Rebs & 1.4 Assists

#11 Schadrac Casimir
    5' 10" 170 lbs Senior Guard (Iona Transfer)
    Thru 15 Games: Averaging 11.5 Pts, 1.7 Rebs & 1.7 Assists + 31-of-68 (45.6%) on 3-Pt Attempts

#22 Haanif Cheatham - Out Since Dec 2nd
    6' 5" 195 lbs Senior Guard (Marquette Transfer)
    In 10 Games: Averaging 13.2 Pts, 4.8 Rebs & 1.9 Assists + 8-of-22 (36.4%) on 3-Pt Attempts
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The boys from #dunkcity are very good. This should be a very entertaining game and a good test for our first game in the ASUN
Last edited by BJWilliams on December 31st, 2018, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By libertyfan4life
Registration Days Posts
I'm hoping to go to this game, and to bring the family. Anyone else going?

We just moved as a family from the Rocky Mountain West to the Tampa Bay Area this Summer per employment. Now, looking forward to lots of ASUN conference action opportunities here in the Sunshine State with almost half of the ASUN teams being in FL. Go Flames!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If you are going to the game in Fort Myers, I have a recommendation for your pregame meal:

Skyline Chili at 5100 S Cleveland Ave in Fort Myers. It is hidden in a strip mall but the Cincy Chili is perfect for a pregame meal. I typically oder a 3-way with a cheese coney on the side (no oinions, please).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:If you are going to the game in Fort Myers, I have a recommendation for your pregame meal:

Skyline Chili at 5100 S Cleveland Ave in Fort Myers. It is hidden in a strip mall but the Cincy Chili is perfect for a pregame meal. I typically oder a 3-way with a cheese coney on the side (no oinions, please).
Skyline chili is always a good recommendation
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:If you are going to the game in Fort Myers, I have a recommendation for your pregame meal:

Very solid suggestion.

I miss the west coast of Florida
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I had a "brain cramp" yesterday. I thought this game was at "home". I invited some people to go and started making plans to get tickets. I looked at schedule to see game time, and saw it is in Florida.
ballcoach15 wrote:I had a "brain cramp" yesterday. I thought this game was at "home". I invited some people to go and started making plans to get tickets. I looked at schedule to see game time, and saw it is in Florida.
If you used it more frequently it wouldn't cramp so easily.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I had a "brain cramp" yesterday. I thought this game was at "home". I invited some people to go and started making plans to get tickets. I looked at schedule to see game time, and saw it is in Florida.

Basketball is probably my 4th sport, after softball, football and baseball, thus I not focus on basketball as often as I do the other sports.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Very Early POTY nomination.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts

I lived there for almost 6 years and never visited. Guess I missed out.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:

Very solid suggestion.

I miss the west coast of Florida
Me too. Almost every day.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:

I lived there for almost 6 years and never visited. Guess I missed out.
Yeah you did!! Love me some Skyline. I get some usually at least once a year when traveling.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Looks like the game is streamed on ESPN+ which probably means MONEY. Do you all pay the $4.99 monthly fee for this?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Looks like the game is streamed on ESPN+ which probably means MONEY. Do you all pay the $4.99 monthly fee for this?
Of course! Can watch as many games as you want for the month. It's great on the Smart TVs.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Looks like the game is streamed on ESPN+ which probably means MONEY. Do you all pay the $4.99 monthly fee for this?
I do. It includes Insider now
OK. Sell me. What is the advantage? Is it merely to get less desired games?
By LU 57
These announcers. Oy. The poor guy has called Homesley Baxter-Bell 3 times. Thank the Lord the color guy finally corrected him. Can we get this guy some game notes??
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]