If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
University of California at Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California

UCLA Hoops Official Site

Pauley Pavilion
Opened in 1965 - Seats 13,800

Steve Alford
6th Season as UCLA Head Coach

2018-2019 Schedule/Results
  • NOV 06 - PURDUE FORT WAYNE ............. W, 96-71
    NOV 09 - LONG BEACH STATE ................. W, 91-80

CONTINENTAL TIRE LAS VEGAS INVITATIONAL
    NOV 16 - ST FRANCIS (PA) ...................... W, 95-58
    NOV 19 - PRESBYTERIAN ....................... W, 80-65
    NOV 22 - vs. MICHIGAN STATE .................L, 67-87
    NOV 23 - vs. NORTH CAROLINA ............... L, 78-94

NOV 28 - HAWAI'I .................................... W, 80-61
    DEC 02 - LOYOLA MARYMOUNT ............... W, 82-58
    DEC 08 - NOTRE DAME ............................ W, 65-62
    DEC 15 - BELMONT ................................. L, 72-74
    DEC 19 - @ CINCINNATI .......................... L, 64-93

CBS SPORTS CLASSIC in CHICAGO
    DEC 22 - vs. OHIO STATE ......................... L, 66-80

DEC 29 - LIBERTY .................................... 6 PM ET

Key Player
    #13 Kris Wilkes
    6' 8" 215 lbs Sophomore Guard
    Thru 12 Games: Averaging 17.8 Pts, 4.4 Rebs & 1.4 Assists + 25-of-74 (33.8%) on 3-Pt Attempts
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I'm going to the game this week and looking forward to seeing our guys play in the final game before the conference schedule begins. Anyone else going?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
This is a game we can win...…………………..if we "come to play" for 40 minutes. Must defend the 3, and play better defense in the paint than we did against Alabama.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Sorry Ballcoach but we can't match up with their size and athleticism. We have no one that can guard Moses Brown and Kris Wilkes. Only way we win is if we go unconscious behind the three. UCLA by 15.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Granted I know nothing about UCLA, (PAC 10 team), but I see they have I believe 5 losses on the season, thus they can be beat.

(or maybe they're PAC 12)
By LUalum12
Registration Days Posts
Agree 100%. This team is more talented than Alabama and they scored at will in the paint. We will most likely loose this one by 10-15
By Nate-FlamesFan
Maybe we'll get to see our 7 footer get some quality minutes. I still have no idea what he's capable of against good teams.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I just cant pick us to win one of these games the way we have looked in the last 2 against georgetown and bama...2 mediocore p5 schools. Our defense has just been downright bad. Ucla still has the talent and size to eat up our defense. I would agree with ballah. If we happen to be hot from 3 then possibly.
By LU 57
Verizon does not have an agreement with the PAC-12. Any ideas on how to stream this game?
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Desperately need to know how to stream this game. Is there no way to purchase individual games from the Pac-12?
By LU 57
LUnpretty11 wrote:Desperately need to know how to stream this game. Is there no way to purchase individual games from the Pac-12?
Nope. Have to be a subscriber to a provider that carries PAC-12 network. Major bummer.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Need to play Newton. Can't stop Moses Brown.

For those that can't watch the game. Create a free account on Fubotv. You'll be able to cancel afterwards.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Solid 1st half. UCLA is not adjusting to the pack line very well and you could tell it was tiring them out. Hopefully it continues in the 2nd half.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Winning even when we're not shooting well.

We're doing a great job of contesting without fouling just can't outrebound Brown. Dude is crazy long and athletic. Throwing Newton on him gives us someone with a longer body to contest and rebound.
By Jonathan Carone
I don’t understand the infatuation with Newton around here. He will be good for us, but it’s obvious he’s not ready to play yet. If he was, Ritchie would play him.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I don’t understand the infatuation with Newton around here. He will be good for us, but it’s obvious he’s not ready to play yet. If he was, Ritchie would play him.
I watched him a little in the shoot around. He’s still a bit awkward. Not sure how much help he could be
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I don’t understand the infatuation with Newton around here. He will be good for us, but it’s obvious he’s not ready to play yet. If he was, Ritchie would play him.
They see his size. All playing him now would do is expose him and rattle his confidence. Ritchie is doing the right thing in bringing him up slowly.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I agree with the three above me. He definitely was going to be a project wherever he ended up.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Normally I agree but when you have a 7'2 athletic big man tearing you up, I would use him as a body to mix It up but luckily UCLA has a coach who doesn't know how to use him.
By Baldspot1
According to UCLA radio, with 4 mins to go.
UCLA out rebounding LU 41-22
LU leading in steals 20-5.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
This is going to be a nice looking win. Makes up for the loss to Austin Peay a bit.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm not sure why UCLA was so reluctant to put pressure on the ball but I'll take the win.

What an amazing turn around this program has seen under McKay.
New Mexico State

Good win. However, this team is relying on one or […]

As a fan I’d like to use this window of oppo[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]