If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Ritchie has done a tremendous job. We've always known he was a very good offensive coach but his time with Bennett and working with the packline has been tremendous. While we certainly haven't "arrived," this is a massive victory.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I must say i was pleasantly surprised when i checked the boxscore after work last night and saw we had not only won, but won emphatically.
I both hope that UCLA gets the ship righted, but equally hope that people who did not expect a win don't simply pooh pooh a win like this. This is still one of the blue blood programs in all of college basketball and is a statement victory for both Coach McKay and Liberty men's basketball as a whole
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
In LA for some vacation. Last night on the local news a sportscaster referred to Liberty numerous times as the Fire(s). :oops: :lol: Looking foreword to a day no one will make a mistake like that.
By cruzan_flame13
Just John wrote:In LA for some vacation. Last night on the local news a sportscaster referred to Liberty numerous times as the Fire(s). :oops: :lol: Looking foreword to a day no one will make a mistake like that.
+1
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Little known fact, according to today's local paper: this was not Ritchie's first time beating UCLA; he also beat them when he was the head coach at Colorado State. :shock:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
For those of you who missed the game, I found nearly 6 minutes of video highlights:

https://pac-12.com/videos/extended-high ... uhQGvZTgOI

Does anyone know if the whole game is archived somewhere to watch ALL of it?
By Wvflame2013
Big win. If our chancellor, locals, and students don't start supporting this team and coach by attending games, then he gone quickly.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Good win. Good call, Ballcoach. A game LU “could win”? Hey, they could win them all! That why they tip the ball.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
He joins Jeff Jones and Dave Leitao in the exclusive "coaches who got fired for losing to Liberty" club. UVA did wait til the end of the season to let both Jones and Leitao go.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Oldflame, I remembered Jeff Jones but I forgot about Leitao also getting fired. Good catch! :clapping
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He was out coached. They just allowed liberty to play the game they wanted to play. i couldn't believe it
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Equinox wrote:Funny thing is that the play by play announcer for the game stated that Liberty was out coaching the UCLA staff and the end result is :
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... art-season
Checked the highlights on the UCLA site. It was great to hear them note the effectiveness of the Liberty packline defense. The clips I've seen were such a contrast to the Liberty of my youth, when we were playing schools like Mars Hill
By libertyfan4life
Registration Days Posts
Alford fired by UCLA.

I was not aware that personally Alford was a man of faith.

He is quoted after the LU win over UCLA as saying that he is a man of God and that winning is important but that his ultimate aim and end is to live and perform for the Audience of One.
By cruzan_flame13
libertyfan4life wrote:Alford fired by UCLA.

He is quoted after the LU win over UCLA as saying that he is a man of God and that winning is important but that his ultimate aim and end is to live and perform for the Audience of One.
Good to see him and McKay having a connection and men of faith. What is disgusting is reading people demonizing him and calling him an apologist for institutions that overlook rape victims. It’s sad that these folks get their information from a deceitful media (literally leftist controlled propaganda). What is also sad is that they have children who are being taught these lies as well.

On a positive note, this is a great momentum for the start of conference play for McKay and the guys. I hope Alford finds a new place that will fit his playbook.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts

alford is a piece of trash who attempted to cover up a rape at IOWA.
By cruzan_flame13
RubberMallet wrote:

alford is a piece of trash who attempted to cover up a rape at IOWA.
When did this happen and can you give some evidence on this? I would like to know if this is true that’s all.
By cruzan_flame13
Sly Fox wrote:Click Here

Thanks. I really hope his statement was true, but it’s hypocrytical for people (especially those who hide behind a device posting comments) to use this against the guy(especially when the team was not doing well).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I grew up with Alford. He was a very white bread milqetoast persona. But he was super arrogant. His dad is a heck of a coach. What happened at Iowa was shady for sure but I’ll withhold judgment. I’ve just never thought he was a particularly good coach
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Click Here

Thanks. I really hope his statement was true, but it’s hypocrytical for people (especially those who hide behind a device posting comments) to use this against the guy(especially when the team was not doing well).
no its not. i'm not perfect and this guy might of found Jesus but the situation at iowa, a university 40 minutes from my front door and at a time where many aquaintences attended or are alumni, it was a very bad situation and he was a trash human in my opinion (once again, i'm not an angel but i've never did something like that)

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]