If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Austin Peay University
Clarksville, Tennessee

APU Hoops Official Site

Matt Figger
2nd Season as APU Head Coach

2018-2019 Schedule/Results
  • NOV 06 - OAKLAND CITY ................................... W, 114-53
    NOV 09 - @ MISSISSIPPI STATE ......................... L, 67-95

JERSEY MIKE'S JAMAICA CLASSIC
    NOV 12 - @ SOUTH FLORIDA ............................ L, 70-74
    NOV 16 - vs. CENTRAL CONNECTICUT ............... W, 80-78
    NOV 18 - vs. CAMPBELL .................................... L, 72-78

NOV 24 - @ OHIO ............................................. L, 82-85
    NOV 29 - @ TROY ............................................. W, 79-74
    DEC 01 - @ ALABAMA A&M ............................... W, 73-61
    DEC 08 - CALVARY ............................................ W, 116-33
    DEC 15 - PURDUE FORT WAYNE ....................... W, 95-68

ST. PETE SHOOTOUT
    DEC 21 - vs. CAMPBELL ................................... W, 88-75
    DEC 22 - vs, LIBERTY ....................................... 2:30 PM ET

Key Player
    #21 Terry Taylor
    6' 5" 230 lbs Sophomore Forward
    Thru 11 Games: Averaging 16.5 Pts, 8.9 Rebs & 1.7 Assists
Austin Peay has the early lead, 30-23.
Austin Peay with the lead again, 56-53.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Man our defense is just non existentent. I mean to call us a defense first team is a joke right now. Real dissappointing performance today. This group doesnt really have an identity right now. Also bell is right back to his old ways. Cant finish and fouls literally every other possession. Time to start developing newton more or look at preston. Its year 4 for bell counting a redshirt year and still unreliable.
jinxy wrote:Man our defense is just non existentent. I mean to call us a defense first team is a joke right now. Real dissappointing performance today. This group doesnt really have an identity right now. Also bell is right back to his old ways. Cant finish and fouls literally every other possession. Time to start developing newton more or look at preston. Its year 4 for bell counting a redshirt year and still unreliable.
Myo obviously fouled too much today, but saying he can´t finish when he went 2-2 from the floor and 2-2 from the line in 9 minutes and is hitting almost 50% on the year doesn't mesh with the facts. I´m actually more concerned that Scottie only got 3 shots. That can't happen. Taylor is a beast, and we have always struggled with powerful, athletic players his size. The guy at Presby who always killed us before he transferred out comes to mind. Maybe Newton should play more. Not having a shot blocker was obviously a factor. As far as Preston is concerned, I can´t imagine us burning the redshirt at this point. I really hope the NCAA will look at doing something like they did for football with other sports. It´s the best rule change they have made since requiring helmets.
Very disappointing play....from the way it sounded on the cast. Not sure if anyone could watch it (I was listening to the webcast). Maybe it’s the Holiday blues for the guys....hope this is not the way it’s going to go for the conference schedule
jinxy wrote:Man our defense is just non existentent. I mean to call us a defense first team is a joke right now. Real dissappointing performance today. This group doesnt really have an identity right now. Also bell is right back to his old ways. Cant finish and fouls literally every other possession. Time to start developing newton more or look at preston. Its year 4 for bell counting a redshirt year and still unreliable.
We played better defence last year? I've been hoping coach was saving the tighter stuff for conference games?
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]