If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Amazing stats on the improvement of the program! I have a somewhat different perspective. I live in Roanoke and my daughter is probably going to LU next year so I decided to check the sports out this year. I’ve previously supported VT athletics and I had no idea what Was going on with LU...joined the flames club and went to the Troy game ....Loved pretty much everything about the experience there (yes more fans in the seats would be great) so then I went to the VT Flames game and man I just loved how LU was playing as a team! So I got season tickets and have been to all but one gone game so far...This team is really special to watch and it’s sad to hear that more students do not come to support them. I honestly think the bus shuttle is great! The concessions is so so yea. Love it when the band is in there but it’s only been a couple games that Iveseen them there. It’s sad to look back and see sooo many empty seats in the Flames sections. I think it I’ll take national exposure to get the interest up...either a ranking or a visit to the NCAA. I’ll still do my part though.
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
JK37 wrote:I simply disagree. LU isn’t that program yet. Wins. Wins. Wins. That’s all it’s about.

A VMI or W&M could take that check and just get lucky enough to win. No need to risk it. A Home-Home with either one is fine.
How is the team suppose to improve if you’re playing teams that wouldn’t be a tough challenge. A win against a NCCAA or NAIA has no value for a D1 school. I’m not saying that we shouldn’t play one of the schools in one of those organizations, but 2 or more? We really need to step up our schedule, which I’ve seen this season. I understand that we want to help those schools out, but not two or more a season.
I’m fine with the two non-D1 games. I’m simply saying no need to pay for home games. LU isn’t that program. Yet.

Schedule winnable Home-Home series in the region (example: Georgia State), and go on the road against a couple winnable P5’s. The better you get, the more difficult getting the P5’s will be, and the harder it will be to get teams to come to you. But you still want home games. So then the question becomes, pay a couple non-D1’s a few thousand each, or play a lopsided schedule.

Scheduling is hard. I’ve done it for several years. Most coaches - at all levels - want wins and home games. A couple of non-D1 home games is the price of doing business at this level.

All teams do it. It’s just at the P5 level, it’s low-tier D1’s. And the P5 fans complain about game quality too. Boo-hoo.

Coaches need wins. Just win baby.
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:He works them? Please educate me...
He puts his MP skills to use as an usher.

Negative
Wrong
Incorrect

But for the record, I have only missed 5 home games in past 11 seasons. All when I was out of state.
ballcoach15 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:He works them? Please educate me...
He puts his MP skills to use as an usher.

Negative
Wrong
Incorrect

But for the record, I have only missed 5 home games in past 11 seasons. All when I was out of state.
You have no MP skills?
thepostman wrote:So he doesn't work as an usher but still gets in for free? What ever happened to being clear and concise? Isn't that a thing in the Army?
That excuse for bad grammar skill
ballcoach15 wrote:Bullet comments were used when I was in the Army. Short and to the point. This is important when communicating via radio. No need to tie up radio traffic with long sentences. Same still applies in much of my communication.
Brevity only works if intent is conveyed. Otherwise you are radio traffic. Get off my net.
oldflame wrote:
thepostman wrote:So he doesn't work as an usher but still gets in for free? What ever happened to being clear and concise? Isn't that a thing in the Army?
I think it is the word usher he is disputing. I suspect he will say he is ¨security¨.
Perhaps Event Venue Pedestrian Traffic Engineer would be more to his liking.
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Bullet comments were used when I was in the Army. Short and to the point. This is important when communicating via radio. No need to tie up radio traffic with long sentences. Same still applies in much of my communication.
Brevity only works if intent is conveyed. Otherwise you are radio traffic. Get off my net.
Today’s internet winner!!!
Purple Haize wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
Today’s internet winner!!!
I'd like to thank the academy, God, and the Taco Bell I had for lunch.
jimflamesfan wrote:The smaller arena will be such an improvement. Ice hockey games might only get 1,000 people, but they are fun because the Lehaye usually feels full. The new arena will actually spark attendance, because the atmosphere will feel so much better!!
Not to mention it's probably one of the loudest atmospheres on campus on a Saturday night in LaHaye
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]