If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
University of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Alabama Hoops Official Site

Avery Johnson
4th Season as UA Head Coach

Von Braun Center in Huntsville, AL
Opned in 1997 - Seats 10,000

2018-2019 Schedule/Results
  • NOV 06 - SOUTHERN .............................. W, 82-62

CHARLESTON CLASSIC in CHARLESTON SC
    NOV 11 - vs. APPALACHIAN STATE .......... W, 81-73
    NOV 15 - vs. NORTHEASTERN ................. L, 52-68
    NOV 16 - vs. BALL STATE ........................ W, 79-61
    NOV 18 - vs. WICHITA STATE .................. W, 90-86

NOV 26 - MURRAY STATE ........................ W, 78-72
    NOV 29 - @ UCF ..................................... L, 64-70
    DEC 04 - GEORGIA STATE ....................... L, 80-83
    DEC 09 - ARIZONA ................................ W, 76-73

ROCKET CITY CLASSIC in HUNTSVILLE, AL
    DEC 18 - vs. LIBERTY ............................. 8:00 PM ET
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Maybe our AD and the Crimson Tide AD will get together and plant some seeds for future games between the 2 schools, in other sports.
Like softball :D They have a great softball stadium!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Tide has good softball stadium, but Liberty's is nicer. I went to several games in Tuscaloosa a few seasons back.

We need Alabama's softball attendance numbers. If my memory is right, they draw 3000-4000, most every game.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Huge game for us. Winnable based on similar results. We need a p5 win on the resume to help with seeding should we win the tourney. I still think we can get as high as an 11 if can beat bama and win the remaining non conf games outside of ucla.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I don’t understand why Avery Johnson doesn’t have a better coaching record Maybe this will be the year he turns it around. After this game.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Two thoughts: 1) Loved seeing SLY have to post the BAMA Logo but 2) #GO FLAMES!
For thr record, I have been a AJ fan for over two decades from the first time I interviewed him as scrub guy at the end of the bench for the Rockets and wa sstunned by his crazy descriptions of the game .... to his days as player & coach for the Spurs when I covered that squad in the early dynasty years. Until he took the Bama job he actually lived near me as well. Great guy. Hope he loses badly in Huntsville.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Question for basketball Gurus: Is this the first time we have played Alabama in basketball ?
I'm no guru but I do know how to read the game info at Libertyflames.com. This is our first meeting ever with them.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Gosh, I missed that link earlier.
Praise you came through before the IED era. 3', 30', 300'.
‘ “. I’ve seen it both ways
This will be a difficult game for me to watch as these are my two teams and schools! Yet, it is easier to watch LU vs Bama in basketball then it is in football obviously!

However, I would REALLY love to see us CRUSH BAMA tomorrow.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Very cool! And for the record, I show EXTREME restraint most of the time these days. Wish Scar was still posting around here so I would feel freer to drop hte connections more. He was my brother in spirit.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Solid effort in first half. Left a few on the free throw line. Its going to take a better effort to get the win in 2nd half though.

If we can make a few more 3s or free throws or tighten up the d a hair we can win this.
By LU 57
Liberty22 wrote:These announcers... woof
Seems like they are trying not to be homers but Gold is radio voice of Alabama football and Sanderson was their hoops coach.

Trying to give them benefit of the doubt since they have no stats, but you are right the broadcast has been brutal. Not sure about you but my sound has been in and out.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Live stats are here:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =401082955

The game is also streamed for free on LU's website:

http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3459997/ ... vs-alabama
FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. That's[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

If Cleveland isn't in gym everyday working on addi[…]

This right here. You think most of the out[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread