If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAFlame
This team is nowhere near ready to compete. Shame on McKay and the players on not being ready to show up for the 2nd half.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
2nd half has been brutal. Settling for 3s not rotating We look tired. I was hoping we were beyond getting embarassed by teams but i guess not. Thought wed compete in every game.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Just don’t have the length. We can’t rebound against them. Their length is killing the double teams that we are throwing there way leaving them open for 3’s.
We’re a good team we just don’t have the personale to compete with the good P5 teams.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
PAFlame wrote:This team is nowhere near ready to compete. Shame on McKay and the players on not being ready to show up for the 2nd half.
Seriously?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
They shot 11-of-18 (61%) from behind the arc. It is going to be tough to beat anyone draining them at that clip.

An 88-78 loss won't kill us with margin of victory factoring into many of the new forumlas.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
PAFlame wrote:This team is nowhere near ready to compete. Shame on McKay and the players on not being ready to show up for the 2nd half.
I don't mean this in a mean way at all but please shut up. This team has made incredible strides. Calm down dude.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
I don't mean this in a mean way at all but please shut up. This team has made incredible strides. Calm down dude.
Fire McKay! Bring back Du..... Study
By rtb72
Sly Fox wrote:They shot 11-of-18 (61%) from behind the arc. It is going to be tough to beat anyone draining them at that clip.

An 88-78 loss won't kill us with margin of victory factoring into many of the new forumlas.
You are rarely going to beat a team shooting 61% behind the arc. This LU team is good and they can compete. I for one, believe they will be a force this year and you can bet....Ritchie and the team will be taking this game and developing from it.
By CCWMichael
rtb72 wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:They shot 11-of-18 (61%) from behind the arc. It is going to be tough to beat anyone draining them at that clip.

You are rarely going to beat a team shooting 61% behind the arc. This LU team is good and they can compete. I for one, believe they will be a force this year and you can bet....Ritchie and the team will be taking this game and developing from it.

+1
We did well. Evry team could have an off night and we did shooting wise especially on the 3"s.
Rebounding we were killed. Big kids with good skills at GTown.
Our kids will learn from this and get better. Thanks to the coaching.
By LU 57
Interestingly, even though we were outrebounded by a pretty wide margin we still managed to get 16 more shots than them due to turnovers. They were just white hot from 3-point range and we were not.

Frankly, the main thing I took away from the game is that our guys never quit. That IMO is a direct reflection of Coach McKay and his staff. These guys are building something special.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
It´s no secret that a hot hand from 3 is the Achilles heel of the packline. It´s not a fatal flaw of the system per se, you just need long and athletic guards to close out and challenge the shots. We aren´t quite there yet.

I noticed that UCLA just blew out Loyola Marymount (the only team to beat Georgetown this year). Could be a long trip to Cali.

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]