If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

There's still a lot of basketball to be played. Way too early to be seeding anyone. I still haven't decided if NET rankings are better than RPI. Bottom line is committee will give some teams the shaft while putting some Power 5 conference teams into tournament who shouldn't be there.

I read somewhere this week where some dummy said the Big 10 was the best basketball conference. Apparently he has never heard of ACC.
I grew up 5 minutes from Purdue's campus so I have always been a Big Ten fan, so I might be biased, but I don't believe its such a cut a dry case on who's better.

For the record, the Big Ten/ACC Challenge was a split 7-7 this year.
oldflame wrote:Typical. Someone has an opinion different than yours and they are a dummy. # Legend in his own mind
If you are going by the NET, then the Big 10 has the most teams in the top 25 (7) compared to 5 for the ACC.
Without me getting mad and verbally attacking someone, has anyone figured out if NET rankings are better than RPI ? i.e. more accurate ?
ballcoach15 wrote:
oldflame wrote:Typical. Someone has an opinion different than yours and they are a dummy. # Legend in his own mind
If you are going by the NET, then the Big 10 has the most teams in the top 25 (7) compared to 5 for the ACC.
Without me getting mad and verbally attacking someone, has anyone figured out if NET rankings are better than RPI ? i.e. more accurate ?
Yes
thepostman wrote:Hasn't he denied being a troll in the past?
We’ve already verified that most of his claims are bogus. Why not that one too? Although we are now in a quandary. He’s claimed not to be a Troll yet admits to acting in Troll like Manner. So much like his predictions they can be simultaneously right AND wrong
BuryYourDuke wrote:Sooner or later y’all are going to figure out that BallCoach owns this board. Nothing is talked about more here than him.
As Oscar Wilde famously said, the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:Hasn't he denied being a troll in the past?
We’ve already verified that most of his claims are bogus. Why not that one too? Although we are now in a quandary. He’s claimed not to be a Troll yet admits to acting in Troll like Manner. So much like his predictions they can be simultaneously right AND wrong
That's referred to as "Schrodinger's Troll."
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Congress, and everything else in D.C., is a corpor[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]