If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Pretty cool to see LU at 41; however I would expect to see a ton of volatility until we get into conference play. As an example I am pretty sure Va Tech peaked at 9 after beating Purdue on the road but fell to 42 after losing to Penn State.

Anyway, I am fired up about our team. I have not been this excited about LU basketball since the 94 run.
ballcoach15 wrote:With NCAA counting "margin of victory", it will lead to some teams "running up the score".
Not a thing wrong with a large margin of victory IMHO. It´s not football, where depth charts are 4 and 5 deep at some positions and teams winning a blowout can stop throwing the ball to run out the clock. If you are playing another D1 basketball team and it gets lopsided, sure, use your bench, but IMHO doing anything other than that is disrespectful to the opponent and the game. If teams don´t want the score ¨run up¨on them , they need to grow a pair and play some defense.
Liberty has moved all the way up to 36th in the NET Rankings. Depending on how this tool is used and if Liberty can beat Alabama and UCLA, Liberty may have a chance of being considered as an at large.

Lunardi currently has Lipscomb as a 12 seed, which means they're on the edge of an at large. I think Liberty would need to win all but one regular season games to have a shot, so there is really no margin for error, but it's possible.
Kricket wrote:Liberty has moved all the way up to 36th in the NET Rankings. Depending on how this tool is used and if Liberty can beat Alabama and UCLA, Liberty may have a chance of being considered as an at large.

Lunardi currently has Lipscomb as a 12 seed, which means they're on the edge of an at large. I think Liberty would need to win all but one regular season games to have a shot, so there is really no margin for error, but it's possible.
lol no ASun team is getting in as an at-large this year. Pac 12 probably has a better chance of getting 3-4 teams in than the ASun has at getting two. With Liberty's pathetic SOS and being in the mostly garbage ASun, which is at best an insignificant improvement over the Big South this year, there is little chance they make it as an at-large even if their only loss the rest of the way is in the conference title game.

They have already dropped down to 44th, only the second-ranked ASun team, and beating these ASun teams isn't going to move the needle much when all but three of them have a rank of over 200 and four over 300. Beating UCLA sounds nice because it's UCLA and is still a big accomplishment for the program, but UCLA only ranks 90th in NET. Maybe a new coach will right the ship for them, they certainly have much more talent than their record indicates.
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]