If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Georgia State University
Atlanta, Georgia

GSU Hoops Official Site

Ron Hunter
8th Season as GSU Head Coach

2018-2019 Schedule/Results
  • Nov 06 // ETSU ...................................... W, 74-68
    Nov 09 // @ Montana ............................. L, 74-81
    Nov 13 // vs. Mercer .............................. W, 62-60

Cayman Islands Classic
    Nov 19 // vs. St. Bonaventure ................ W, 75-65
    Nov 20 // vs. Creighton .......................... L, 68-93
    Nov 21 // vs. Georgia ............................. W, 91-67

Nov 28 // @ Tulane ................................ W, 80-76
    Dec 01 // @ Liberty

Key Player
    #12 D'Marcus Simonds
    6' 3" 195 lbs Junior Guard
    Thru 7 Games: Averaging 21.6 Pts, 4.9 Rebs & 3.3 Assists + 17-of-47 (36.2%) on 3-Pt Attempts
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Can the program finally break thru and win a big home game with a big crowd and a chance to create big momentum. Were due and we have the talent.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I really hope there is a great turn out and the lousy football program doesn't overshadow the promotion for this game.

Should be a fun one.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
This would be the best win of the year so far. Georgia State has a better resume but LU has home court. It'd be fun to win this one.

They're likely about the same quality or better than Lipscomb so this will be a good measuring stick to see how we will end up in conference play.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote:This would be the best win of the year so far. Georgia State has a better resume but LU has home court. It'd be fun to win this one.

They're likely about the same quality or better than Lipscomb so this will be a good measuring stick to see how we will end up in conference play.
Probably, although Kent State is 6-1, with a win over Vandy ( Garland went out with his meniscus injury early in that game). Wish I could be at this one. Still a bit early to know for sure how impressive GASTs win over UGA actually is. Their 2 losses are to 4-2 Montana and 7-1 Creighton. UGA blew out Kennesaw, so this may give us a bit of a clue as to where we are relative to the bottom of the ASUN.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Since getting off to a cold start, shooting 3-17 from 3 against the cupcakes, against D1 competition McGhee is shooting his treys at a 47% clip (16-34). He is just 1 point behind Scotty for the team scoring lead. I´m going to go out on a limb and say he will be our leading scorer this year and bring his ppg average up from it´s current 12.3 to somewhere in the 15 range.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We are going to need to bring our A game, to win this one. I didn't realize Georgia State was as good as they are.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I know where out of the BSC, but Radford beat #17 Texas at Texas last night. Beat Notre dame at ND earlier in the season. We will have our hands full at home with GSU.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:First basketball game in a decade. I forgot what it was like to not be subjected to weather for a sporting event.
You are required to give a nacho report
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:First basketball game in a decade. I forgot what it was like to not be subjected to weather for a sporting event.
I'm not bringing nachos anywhere near my toddler. :D

Crowd looks like it would fill the new arena. Every three scares my daughter.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
I'm not bringing nachos anywhere near my toddler. :D

Crowd looks like it would fill the new arena. Every three scares my daughter.
What good are you? :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:All Courtside seats are full. Maybe an eighth of the premium seats.

I'm going to come to more games this year. That asun mini pack looks great right now.
Nacho Reports or you won’t be allowed in
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:All Courtside seats are full. Maybe an eighth of the premium seats.

I'm going to come to more games this year. That asun mini pack looks great right now.
Nacho Reports or you won’t be allowed in
Toddler is KO. Not moving until the clock hits 0:00
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
What is this team? Such a convincing win. I know Georgia State did not play as well as they are capable of but we took advantage of that and dominated them, especially in the 2nd half. Good turn out it seemed. I hope that the support for this team continues to grow. The game on Monday against Georgetown could be interesting...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:Very impressive win tonight. Looking forward to the Georgetown on Monday
They are not good
By cruzan_flame13
As stated already, this was a good game. Georgetown isn’t that good, but we still need to play our A-game. I’ve been waiting for us to play the Hoyas again.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Great game! We came in with great focus, energy and just took it to them! Really excited about this team! Still getting better!
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]