If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
If we were going to find a year where we could win at Gerogetown this would certainly be that year. Will be a challenge though.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:If we were going to find a year where we could win at Gerogetown this would certainly be that year. Will be a challenge though.
Thankfully their coach isn’t suiting up in his prime for them!
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote:If we were going to find a year where we could win at Gerogetown this would certainly be that year. Will be a challenge though.
I went to the Hoyas/Huskies game, and Georgetown can pull a win even in ‘rebuilding’ years. This is a challenge that I believe the Flames can handle.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
I went to the Hoyas/Huskies game, and Georgetown can pull a win even in ‘rebuilding’ years. This is a challenge that I believe the Flames can handle.
I think so too but I also struggle from being a longtime follower of LU athletics so it is hard to every be optimistic but this team is making a believer out of me.
By OneHope
Really glad I bought season tickets this year! This team is really fun to watch! Fans could be a little louder but it may just be the size of Vines...band was great...I am thinking the new facility will improve the noise level.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The fans certainly could be much louder. I have been to some very loud basketball games at the Vines.

Good turnout it seemed...anybody have the attendance numbers? I haven't seen it anywhere.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:You are required to give a nacho report
I've got 2 nacho reports (from the football game), and neither one of them is good. Since I had $20 free dollars on my Liberty ID for Staff Appreciation Day, I considered getting some free nachos. When I went up to the concession stands, they were spelled "Tachos." I asked what that was, and they said there was a spelling error on the screen. Then I asked if their "Pork Nachos" had cheese on them as well, and they said "No." It was just pork and chips!

Discouraged, I ordered their onion rings instead, and they were cold, just like how my nachos usually are. But at least they were free. Later, I got some free cocoa and a pretzel, and both were HOT! :clapping

The good news is that we BEAT Georgia State, a team that won earlier over the University of Georgia.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
why can't Liberty figure out how to provide decent concession food?? Ian needs to get on top of this. This is a very important aspect of the game day experience and an aspect that Liberty can never get right....

Maybe they should stop using Sodexo...just a thought.

#FBSready after all.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
This was the best comment on the Georgia State message board.
How does Jerry Falwell recruit better basketball players than we do?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Went to both games today. Basketball was incredible. Ga state played bad because our defense gave them fits. Only their stud could somewhat solve it and we did a decent job on him. Man, was the most fun ive had at a liberty mbb game since curry. You could see the confidence growing and the chemistry coming together.

Concessions are an abject disaster. Its honestly an embarassment to the university how poor they are.

Obviously we dont know what will happen against georgetown but these guys are very capable of beating any team that wants to rely on iso or sheer athleticism. I think they will give georgetown and bama all they want. I do think we win at least one of those 2
By rtb72
So we took advantage of the GA admission w/ our FB tickets and went to see our MBB team play tonight and IT WAS AWESOME. I saw them last year and they have truly grown as individuals and as a team. Ritchie is doing a great job with these kids and I truly think they are going to be special. They are a fun team to watch and do a great job moving the ball. Awesome day of LU sports today. Blowouts in both FB and MBB!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Gotta give 2 othee guys credit besides mckay and the players. Soucie and barrea are doing their parts. Dont think wed be where we are without them.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:why can't Liberty figure out how to provide decent concession food?? Ian needs to get on top of this. This is a very important aspect of the game day experience and an aspect that Liberty can never get right....

Maybe they should stop using Sodexo...just a thought.

#FBSready after all.
What :dontgetit is that our dining facility, which is also run by Sodexo, has been rated best in the country a couple of times. Hard to understand how they could be so good at that and so bad at concessions.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I rarely eat the concessions, but it’s terribly overpriced, and they never have anything in stock.

Went to a high school playoff game that went late and got there just in time for tip-off. Didn’t get a chance to eat before the game, so begrudgingly I had to eat at the game. I wanted a cheeseburger, but of course they didn’t have any. Not that it’s reslly worth $5 anyway.

Oddly, hockey concessions often seem to be far better.
By rtb72
jinxy wrote:Gotta give 2 othee guys credit besides mckay and the players. Soucie and barrea are doing their parts. Dont think wed be where we are without them.
Agreed. All around strong coaching staff.
By Ewglenn
thepostman wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Attendance was 2966.
This is really disappointing.
It’s about what I expected. I was hopeful to get over 3K. Other home games so far:

By Ewglenn
Ewglenn wrote:
thepostman wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Attendance was 2966.
This is really disappointing.
It’s about what I expected. I was hopeful to get over 3K. Other home games so far:

Average: 2,435
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It is still disappointing...this is the best LU basketball team since the early/mid 90's. This team deserves so much more support and they deserve more publicity from the athletic department than they get.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:Oddly, hockey concessions often seem to be far better.
I've never understood whey the LU baseball hot dogs are so much better than anywhere else on campus. They grill their dogs, and I don't think anywhere else does (except Cook-Out).
By Jonathan Carone
Re: attendance

My view is skewed because I don’t know the actual numbers from those VMI/Radford games with Seth. That’s what we should be pulling.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-h[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]