If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Kids have way to many opportunities on campus now than back then and Jerry Sr was at all the games. Times and kids have changed since then even though we have 5X the number of students on campus IMHO. Graduated from small school (@ 4500 students ) many moon ago and filed the 3500 seat "gym" to the rafters every game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:Kids have way to many opportunities on campus now than back then and Jerry Sr was at all the games. Times and kids have changed since then even though we have 5X the number of students on campus IMHO. Graduated from small school (@ 4500 students ) many moon ago and filed the 3500 seat "gym" to the rafters every game.
I don’t think this can be over emphasized enough. It mattered to him so it mattered to them. It gave him a sense of reality. There is a long long list I could give as to why that small thing was so very very important but I will let you all figure it out
By rtb72
Chippy and PH bring up a really good point. Does JFJR even go to the MBB games? I went to the championship game last year in Radford and we had a great showing by our students. I was proud of our fans support and how well we showed. Why don't we have more attention on our MBB team from the top down? Or is my perception off?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That makes sense...

some of my best memories is when Jerry Sr or Elmer Towns would crowd surf up the student section. So much fun and it really amped up the student section.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Gsu just beat Alabama tonight on a buzzer beater 83-80. Makes this win a whole lot more impressive
By LU 57
GSU in a back and forth game with #24 KSU right now. Definitely making this win look more and more impressive.

EDIT: Nevermind. KSU runs away with it. Final 71-59.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]