If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
United States Naval Academy
Annapolis, Maryland

Navy Hoops Official Site

Alumni Hall
Opened in 1991 - Seats 5710

Ed DeChellis
2nd Season as Navy Head Coach

2018-2019 Schedule/Results
  • NOV 06 - @ OLD DOMINION ....................... L 44-67
    NOV 09 - MARYLAND .................................. L 57-78
    NOV 14 - COPPIN STATE ............................. W 77-58
    NOV 18 - BRYANT ....................................... W 83-79
    NOV 20 - @ MORGAN STATE ...................... L 51-75
    NOV 28 - LIBERTY ....................................... 7 PM

Key Player
    #21 George Kiernan
    6' 7" 225 lbs Senior Forward
    Thru 5 Games: Averaging 11.0 Pts, 5.6 Rebs & .8 Assists + 80 FT%
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Originally I was planning on going to this game since Annapolis is 20 minutes from my house but no such luck as the Air Force has better ideas. Will be a nice step up in competition for these guys should be a fun game.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Originally I was planning on going to this game since Annapolis is 20 minutes from my house but no such luck as the Air Force has better ideas. Will be a nice step up in competition for these guys should be a fun game.
I question the step up. With a 20 pt loss to Morgan State, this certainly isn't the same Navy team that had the Admiral.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Should win this game. We are better and they are worse than last year when they beat us in the scrimmage i believe.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
thepostman wrote:Originally I was planning on going to this game since Annapolis is 20 minutes from my house but no such luck as the Air Force has better ideas. Will be a nice step up in competition for these guys should be a fun game.
I question the step up. With a 20 pt loss to Morgan State, this certainly isn't the same Navy team that had the Admiral.
Fair enough...I do believe they are a step up from our competition from this past weekend.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Flames lead 35-23 at half...Darius McGhee with 15 including 4 3s
By tyndal23
Navy has a cool facility - intimate but with a big arena feel and layout. Would look better if they had more than 100 fans in attendance.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
TallyW was posting on IG and it appears they had his kids wind up being ball boys. Pretty sweet!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Navy announcer has a man-crush on Baxter-Bell. :shock:
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Its a new era friends. Winning road non conference games is fun. Dominating is even more fun. It looks much more like mckays old offense with the pack line d. Maybe its just better players and deeper roster but the ball movement is way better.

Couple folks were banging on bell last week. He has improved a ton. Thought he was the second most dominant offense player behind mcghee. Hes always had the moves. Hes finishing now and pushing people around on the inside like rag dolls.

The other huge difference is gumbs and homesley continue to create when things break down at the end of possessions. We havent had that.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It wasn't so long ago that we lost these games and now we are winning road D1 games on the regular. It is pretty amazing
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
yeah and our football program is boring and shows zero signs of growth. This program deserves their support.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:There is so much to be excited about with this program, on and off the court. Really, really awesome to see what can be done when you bring in kids who buy into the system, and what Liberty is supposed to be all about.

I really hope the student body will get behind them, bc if they showed up with the energy they bring to football, the roof would blow off of the Vines.
And no one is meddling and you let your coaches coach
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]