If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Alcorn State University
Lorman, Mississippi

ASU Hoops Official Site

Montez Robinson
4th Season as ASU Head Coach

2018-2019 Schedule/Results
  • NOV 06 - @ TULSA ..................................... L 56-73
    NOV 09 - BLUE MOUNTAIN ......................... W 79-55
    NOV 16 - @ VANDERBILT ............................ L 54-79
    NOV 18 - @ KENT STATE ............................. L 48-79
    NOV 23 - @ LIBERTY
    NOV 24 - vs. SAVANNAH STATE in LYNCHBURG

Key Player
    #12 DeShaw Andrews
    6' 4' 240 lbs Junior Forward
    Thru 4 Games: Averaging 12.3 Pts, 6.0 Rebs , 1.0 Assist & 2.0 Steals + 7-of-14 on 3-Pt Attempts
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
So I know this probably won’t be a popular opinion but the more I watch this team the more I truly see/believe this. Baxter bell has flashes of being a really solid player. But really that seems to be it. I think he’s the weakest member on the court when out there. Like I said he has moments of really good play but it seems by and large he’s usually the biggest liability.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:So I know this probably won’t be a popular opinion but the more I watch this team the more I truly see/believe this. Baxter bell has flashes of being a really solid player. But really that seems to be it. I think he’s the weakest member on the court when out there. Like I said he has moments of really good play but it seems by and large he’s usually the biggest liability.
Yes, I agree. He forces a ton of bad shots. No other player on the court seems to do that.
As I told Cider, we had too many turnovers trying to get ball inside. The more passes you make draining shot clock, the better the chance for a turnover.

Also, Newton needs more playing time. Today I believe he entered game with 1:20 left.
ballcoach15 wrote:As I told Cider, we had too many turnovers trying to get ball inside. The more passes you make draining shot clock, the better the chance for a turnover.

Also, Newton needs more playing time. Today I believe he entered game with 1:20 left.
So if you never pass you’d never have a turn over :dontgetit
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I thought today and sunday would be a good time to give him some run. I mean we were up 15 to 20 almost all day. Good time to give him a shot to see how he stacks up and exactly what he needs to do to improve.

Either way good teams did what they were supposed to do today. Came out hot and held them at that distance the rest of the game.
Newton was 2 for 2 (one was after the shot clock expired) in his 1:20. I like that we are bringing him along slowly. He is a bit of a liability on D against some of these teams with no true big man. I like how well he moves for his size though. I expect his minutes to slowly increase as the season goes on. I am really impressed with his progress during his red shirt year. I am hoping HB has a similar impact on Blake Preston. We could have quite a bit of size and depth next year!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Is Blake Preston red shirting?

In Newton's made shot that didn't count, we saw a nice little hook shot that went in. :shock:
2024 Recruiting Discussion

UVA playing against a mid-pack MEAC team is their […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]