If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jonathan Carone
This game is a little concerning given the travel delays the team had getting up there yesterday. The snow that hit the area seemed to throw everything out of whack.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
We are not playing all that well. Gumbs is struggling, bad entry then T on Cuffee, McGhee still struggling from deep. We need to get going here into the break.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
That technical was dumb. Hard not to get frustrated with some of the calls. I’m talking about the Questionable travel call and a few other ticky tack calls.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Just as I say that 6 quick points by Gumbs. We are up 5.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU leading at the half, 31-23. Play Basketball
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Couple of things, these officials are not good, and Baxter-bell is off tonight. He’s forcing a lot of bad shots.
By Jonathan Carone
Jonathan Carone wrote:This game is a little concerning given the travel delays the team had getting up there yesterday. The snow that hit the area seemed to throw everything out of whack.
They got to their hotel at like 4:30 this morning and are now up 16 with 4:40 to go.

I don't know where this game will end up, but Liberty basketball in year's past would've dropped a complete egg under those circumstances.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I kept waiting for the shoe to drop... and we’ve pulled away. They’ve got me believing now. Drinking the kool-aid.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Suddenly I feel like I am watching LU Football up 5 late with the D failing us.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:Blowing a 17 pt lead in 5 mins. Classic Liberty.
Classic Liberty would actually lose the game. This team dealt with a ton just getting there and then knocked off one of the better teams in the Mac. This is a different Liberty (basketball team anyway :lol: )
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Liberty WINS 77-70.
By Jonathan Carone
ballah09 wrote:Blowing a 17 pt lead in 5 mins. Classic Liberty.
Typical Liberty would be blowing the lead. We held onto it and then sealed the game. That's not typical at all.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
I love this team but we are still figuring it out. We are not a great team yet. We actually could afford to be slightly more selfish. We passed up some good shots late only to pass and turn it over. We are not real quick at some positions on D but good win. Monday will be a huge test and we need to get better.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Winning road games in november. Man this is what that feels like again? Very nice game other than taking the foot off the accelerator a bit too soon. Healthy homesley makes a huge difference.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
McKay is a good coach and it shows. That Darius McGhee is really going to be a player. Love to watch him. Had more than twice as many fouls called on us the second half. Play Basketball
By tyndal23
Actually probably good to get a late scare - coachable moments on breaking FC Press and finishing. Just scared them enough to keep focused and realistic. Next close game a team will start running press a lot earlier - have to be able to handle it better.
By Dalegarz1
Really enjoyed watching this game. Like many of you, I am conditioned to expect the team to fold when some late game adversity hit. We kept our poise (do need to work on our press break, tho) and came out with a nice win. Moving forward I think we can improve offensively by being a little more conscious of the shot clock. I know that our system (ala UVA) is designed to work the ball and make the opponent play defense for an extended time however, we seem too let it run down a little more than necessary and the result is some bad shots. Beat VANDY!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Just read the box score this morning in the local paper: Homesley led the team with 16 points. Five LU players scored in double digits, and McGhee scored 9 points going 3-6 from the 3-point line.
Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point[…]

Longwood

Liberty heads east down 460 today for a game at Lo[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Week #4 Top Performers - Runs - Gatorbait 49 HR[…]