If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Kool Aid or Haterade

Kool Aid
45%
Haterade
55%
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
that's better. i didn't know how to answer before
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
I vote hateraid until I see some quality wins. I haven't lost hope yet... I will pour out the hateraid when I see the goods.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
manager, I screwed it up..my bad
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
i'm down for my squad no matter what
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
I'm down for the squad, just not the head coaching.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
coach D is my man ALL DAY. good season or bad season. i know him personally and he's a great man of God.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
I like Coach D as a person, I've met him many times... doesn't make him a great coach though.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
And I'm finished discussing this... everyone's feelings about Dunton have been well established and debated.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I haven't got to say anything yet.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Great man of God doesn't translate to great teacher, great coach, great businessman, etc. That's the thing LU kids don't realize. They think that if it's being done by a Christian than it's obviously better and that's not always the case. I'd rather have a self-proclaiming Christian who is a great coach than an amazing evangelical preacher who can't coach middle school girls basketball.

I AM NOT CALLING COACH DUNTON AN EVANGELICAL PREACHER WHO CAN'T COACH MIDDLE SCHOOL GIRLS BASKETBALL. IT WAS JUST AN ANALOGY. PLEASE DO NOT TAR AND FEATHER ME. IT WAS AN EXAMPLE.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
He coached high school basketball in Alaska before he came here... what a great resume.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Eskimos are tough. What are you talking about? It's a great thing to put on the resume.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
i was just saying why im down for him no matter what. i said that im down whether we are winning or not winning because of the respect i have for him. i know that just because your a good christian doesnt mean that your a good coach
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
I could be wrong on that... I know if I am I'll have about twenty kool-aid drinkers pointing that out to me, so I'll just add this disclaimer to my last statement.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Will what are you doing for our birthday this Friday. I know, we have the same birthday, and both from NC, and we have an agreement about the basketball team..were we twins, I was just the evil one
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
But that's all... high school basketball... in Alaska.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
whmatthews wrote:He coached high school basketball in Alaska before he came here... what a great resume.
is that the only level he coached at? check your facts. and see the championships that he has won
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
Hmmm, we do have the same b-day. I'm going to the VMI the day after, but as far as that night... let's go get drunk on hateraid.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I thought yours was 11/17??? my bad
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
whmatthews wrote:I could be wrong on that... I know if I am I'll have about twenty kool-aid drinkers pointing that out to me, so I'll just add this disclaimer to my last statement.
Thanks for proving my point manager.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
No it's definately is 11/17... just pointing out that I'm gonna have to get up early the next day for the football game.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
whmatthews wrote:
whmatthews wrote:I could be wrong on that... I know if I am I'll have about twenty kool-aid drinkers pointing that out to me, so I'll just add this disclaimer to my last statement.
Thanks for proving my point manager.
We didn't even have to wait until the next day for you to get told you were wrong and going to Hell.

Ok, I made that last part up.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
i told you that i was down for my man coach D. i'm not having that. lol
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I am going home to see the Bobcats. They play Dallas, and I got 4th row seats. I will definately wear a liberty shirt on 11/20/06....maybe i'll be on tv
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]