If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By CapnMac
I was looking through KenPoms preseason rankings and thought it was interesting to see how his numbers had us compared to our D1 opponents/conference this year.

Liberty is ranked 143 to start the year, which is second in the ASUN.

ASUN TEAMS:
Lipscomb - 131
Liberty - 143
FGCU - 198
North Florida - 230
NJIT - 243
Jacksonville - 311
Kennesaw St - 327
Stetson - 334
North Alabama - 341

NON-CONF OPPONENTS:
Maine Fort Kent - NR
Trevecca Nazarene - NR
Kent State - 181
Vanderbilt - 67
Alcorn State - 343
Savannah State - 346
Navy - 278
Georgetown - 64
South Carolina St - 347
Kentucky Christian - NR
Alabama - 53
*Austin Peay - 188
*Campbell - 217
UCLA - 43

While I know these numbers don't necessarily mean anything, if they stayed true throughout the season we would be looking at a 23-6 (14-2) season.
Ill be interested to see how the numbers change throughout the season.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It should be noted that the lowest ranked A-Sun school beat #67 last night. This league will be much more competitive on nightly basis than the Big South even though the BSC did have some strong teams at the top over the years.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Sly Fox wrote:It should be noted that the lowest ranked A-Sun school beat #67 last night. This league will be much more competitive on nightly basis than the Big South even though the BSC did have some strong teams at the top over the years.
That was the women
By CapnMac
I agree that the ASUN should be much more competitive than BSouth was. If nothing else, I'm excited to see us playing different teams now.
By Ewglenn
I would trade all of the BSC for FGCU. A true BBall school traveling to Lynchburg yearly should boost attendance for that game.
By Ewglenn
Ewglenn wrote:I would trade all of the BSC for FGCU. A true BBall school traveling to Lynchburg yearly should boost attendance for that game.
I do think Radford should be on the schedule every year. I also think at least one or two other VA schools (VMI, George Mason, ODU, JMU, Longwood and VCU).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]