If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
Is that allowed At LU basketball games? Did anyone else hear that guy tonight Heckling the player on the other team named "Guy"?
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
Sometimes people named Guy and Greg Marshall should just be heckled.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This has always been a pet peeve of mine. I am not a huge fan of heckling a player/coach/official by saying "You Suck". Seriously, like they have never heard that before. I am a BIGGER fan of cheering when your team is doing well, or when they need a pick me up i.e. Home Court advantage. Why is degrading someone considered "school spirit"?
I have a better idea. If we are going to "taunt" the other team, why not do it creatively? DUKE is always the "gold standard" for crowds and they get ALL OVER other players. BUT they do so creatively. I will give you two for instances: 1. We played Olivet Nazerene every year. Their fans were awesome. They had a specific taunt for each player. My freshman year I asked why I wan't getting heckeled, they said I wasn't worth the effort since I didn't have my name my warm up. They made up for it the next three years. LOVED em!!! 2. We would also play Eureka College (for bonus points who is their most FAMOUS alum?) and they had an old gym with two "opera" style boxes on one end of the gym. When you went to shoot a free throw BANG two larger then life pictures of HOT ladies in wet swimsuits would be unfurled while you shot. IT gets better. If you made it they would sarcastically clap and then unfurl two large Beefcake posters. IF you missed, you got to see them ALL NITE!!!!
The point being, why not find something else creative to say? You are all young and in college, I am SURE you can come up with something better. Someting MEMORABLE. Besides, all the folks that sit in the corner across from our bench have the "You Suck" thing already cornereed.

How about:
That's OK, at least we are going to heaven
We are praying against you
I;m telling Jesus on you.

Ok those are just a few off the top of my head
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Ronald Reagan=Eureka College. I think he was a year ahead of me. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by flameshaw on November 12th, 2006, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
How about wrote: That's OK, at least we are going to heaven
We are praying against you
I;m telling Jesus on you.
:shock: :?
see... do you really think think the player would pay any attention to that. our fans say stuff like that all the time.

i heard, "you don't read your bible." come on man
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
C'mon Haize, you know me better than that. Hopefully you didn't lump me into the group that just says you suck.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
It's all about originality. The Radford Red Heads/Rowdies had it. The Winthrop fans had it back in the Dan Kinney days when they sucked--and all the frat boys had to cheer about was keeping the opposing teams in stitches. Terry Truax, when he coached Towson, had to be restrained from going into the stands after them. Those were the days.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SO I throw down a heckling challenge and all I get is: "It's too hard." "We know of other people who do it" But We would rather say YOU SUCK, because it tends to tick off our people more then the competition.
I knew that academic standards had been "relaxed" to meet new enrollment numbers :D but WOW. Does someone dare to show leadership and intellectual curiosity enough to take up the banner? Wouldn't it be cool if WE were the school everyone else looked up to b/c of the quality and ingenuity of our fans/hecklers? Dare I hope............
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I made a fake Facebook account, I had a player's girlfriend. Yea, I don't use the "you suck" line very often.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The facebook thing was GREAT. NOt sure what you mean by "I had a player's girlfriend"?????
But that is the kind of stuff that is creative and FUNNY. Is there no one else to follow your lead?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I put a picture of CSU's QB's girlfriend on a sign and had it say, "Hey Collin, She's Hot!"

Some other guys pulled off the Facebook prank last week but not to the extent I did.
By mrmacphisto
Registration Days Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH.... SIDDOWN.

Anyone?

One thing I think the sound guy needs to invest in is the Lemon Parade album by Tonic, for when the refs make a ridculous call (or non-call).

Open up your eyeyeheyes...

Anyone?
By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
the facebook thing was funny, but im failing to see the real humor in the "collin shes hot" is there more to it than that? like not to be rude or anything
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If you would've seen their faces when they saw the sign from the field, you would understand how it was funny. :shock: Imagine that face but the eyes about ten times wider and the mouth open.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
it was absolutely hilarious! it may not have distracted drafts but it did get half of his teamates
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
mrmacphisto wrote:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH.... SIDDOWN.
Anyone?
i like that one after a player fouls out
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I hate organized cheers. The best ones are the ones that are made up on the spot. Chanting "Clip board" after a CSU 3 and out with their backup QB was great. Things happen during the games that make the best cheers.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
have you been to a LU bball game? we need organized cheers, or else everyone will just sit there. duke hands out flyers of the chants that they will do
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I think it's stupid to do that type of stuff.

"Alright guys, with 2 minutes and 12 seconds on the clock we're going to say Let's Go L-U. Then, when there's only a minute left, we're going to say L-U over and over."

Nah, screw that. A player's going bald? "You Need Ro-gaine." A player's a little overweight? "Jenny Craig! Jenny Craig!"

That type of thing works better than any organized cheer you could have.

And sorry to bring this discussion over here, but quality of play helps determine crowd involvement a lot.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
your right about the quality of the play thing but when we are on defense the crowd is quite. what about "oooooohhhhhh"? there that one kid that always does the wooooossshhhh thing. he does everything by himself
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon you know by saying things like that you will be called a hater....you hater. Just a few more days until the season starts
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote: Just a few more days until the season starts
speaking of that.. their best player michael neal wont be playing because he was suspended and their freshmen pg will be out with a foot injury
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We all know who you're talking about.

Once again, to quote something I've said on here before, I'm not going to go crazy at an exhibition game. That's like me saying I'm going to stand up and chant and cheer at the spring football game.

The whoosh thing is extremely high school-ish. One arm in the air and a firm "Huh!" at the end is perfectly acceptable.

The "ooh" on defense is great. It's just not going to happen at an exhibition game or when we're playing like crap. When there is an atmosphere on the court there will be an atmosphere in the stands.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:We all know who you're talking about.

Once again, to quote something I've said on here before, I'm not going to go crazy at an exhibition game. That's like me saying I'm going to stand up and chant and cheer at the spring football game.

The whoosh thing is extremely high school-ish. One arm in the air and a firm "Huh!" at the end is perfectly acceptable.

The "ooh" on defense is great. It's just not going to happen at an exhibition game or when we're playing like crap. When there is an atmosphere on the court there will be an atmosphere in the stands.
why is that high school? every school does that. people should support the team 100% every game no matter what type it is
Last edited by LU'sbestmanager on November 13th, 2006, 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Your last statement was just dumb. An exhition or scrimmage game is for us to find out what the team is like. If the coaches and players can use the "it doesn't count" excuse when they get beat by a D2 then we can use the "it doesn't count" excuse for sitting back and actually watching the team.

The "Swoosh" thing is high schoolish. The one or two arms in the air with the "Huh!" at the end is not. "Swoosh" sounds like something cheerleaders would say. "Huh!" sounds a lot better.
2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]

2024 Season Thread

Thanks for the work you put into these. It is appr[…]