If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
NCAA basketball selection committee will no longer use RPI in seeding teams. It's confusing as to what they will use now.

In my opinion this is nothing but a ploy to help certain NCAA pets or favorite teams.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:NCAA basketball selection committee will no longer use RPI in seeding teams. It's confusing as to what they will use now.

In my opinion this is nothing but a ploy to help certain NCAA pets or favorite teams.

It´s not confusing at all what they will use. They have developed their own system called the NET (NCAA Evaluation Tool) . The primary difference is that it does not place the enormous amount of weight on strength of schedule the RPI does, but there are some other different emphasis, and it looks to be an upgrade at first glance.

https://247sports.com/college/virginia/ ... -120926092

It is not a ploy. Keep talking like Alex Jones and ASOR will de-monotize you.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:NCAA basketball selection committee will no longer use RPI in seeding teams. It's confusing as to what they will use now.

It´s not confusing at all what they will use. They have developed their own system called the NET (NCAA Evaluation Tool) . The primary difference is that it does not place the enormous amount of weight on strength of schedule the RPI does, but there are some other different emphasis, and it looks to be an upgrade at first glance.

https://247sports.com/college/virginia/ ... -120926092

It is not a ploy. Keep talking like Alex Jones and ASOR will de-monotize you.
See. Now that would have required 18 seconds of research.....and that dog just ain’t gonna Hunt son
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:After W-L record, strength of schedule should be most important thing to utilize.
I don´t necessarily disagree. In the RPI, strength of schedule is by far the most important factor. It´s not even close. Teams are better off getting blown out game after game by high RPI teams than they are playing a realistic schedule and winning.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I just hope this new system doesn't encourage teams to feast on cupcakes. Basketball is somewhat predictable.

A basketball guru, could probably pick at least 55 of the 64 teams that will make tournament,...…... today.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Math is hard.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]