If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Well, that all happened really fast. Good to see that Soucie was also promoted to associate HC. Much deserved. We have been poaching the UVA staff ever since Ritchie arrived. Our turn has come.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Getter is the 3rd Liberty assistant in the past 3 years to leave for a non-coaching position at a high major program. Omar Mance and Matt Olinger were the other 2, both going to Vanderbilt. Probably not a coincidence that both Vandy and UVA have outspoken christian head coaches.
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:Getter is the 3rd Liberty assistant in the past 3 years to leave for a non-coaching position at a high major program. Omar Mance and Matt Olinger were the other 2, both going to Vanderbilt. Probably not a coincidence that both Vandy and UVA have outspoken christian head coaches.
As LU athletics rise, they will absolutely become part of the "underground" Christian network that already exists in every major sport.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Yes it does exist. And Liberty is naturally already a strong part of it. But even undergrounds have levels.
I don´t know why it took me so long to realize it, but a look at our non-conference schedule seems to confirm this.

Vanderbilt, UCLA, and Alabama all have outspoken Christian coaches. Not sure about Buzz, but he has Layer as a mentor/personal assistant. Probably not an accident we are playing those teams. Ewing would appear to be the outlier among our P5 opponents, but I really don´t know.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Buzz often speaks publically about his faith.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm that[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]