If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Live Stats indiciate the game is still in progress with LB going off once again. We led by 17 at the break.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Alex is a beast.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
What do you think of Armon Jones...
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I can't describe him because I will lose my religion.

He is Rashad Robinson, part two. He missed a layup on one end, came down to the other side, and let #44 from Cedarville get around him and then tackled him.

There is absolutely no reason he should be playing this season.
By kel varson
Registration Days Posts
Blair also had 7 dimes. Looks like it was the Blair and McClean show once again. 2,100 in attendance. Not bad I guess for an exhibition. I guess I was expecting a little more of a blow out. I'm kind of suprised we only won by 14.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
I would have liked to have seen the team play with the intensity I felt they showed early on the entire game. I think when we start playing real teams, that will happen. I think tonite was a positive step forward, as the team moves on into the regular season. As least we showed more heart on the boards--and that bodes well if the team can do that throughout the season. And yes, LB is absolutely amazing to watch.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
looked bad, except Blair and Alex.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Man, you manage to turn...nahh...not gonna go there (I don't cuss) but you really try to find bad things to say don't you (I will admit that it is warranted at times though)
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
:?

I thought they played decent. For the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half there was no focus. I know sometimes it's tough to keep kids from slacking off when they're up big but come on, they were not doing anything well at that point. Other than that a lot of people looked good. As was said Blair has a golden hand and McLean is a hoss. Rell looked great in the first 10 minutes. I didn't notice him much after that. Russ had his moments both ways. I'd really like to see it click for him but I don't know that it will ever happen. Armon.... is young. We played well on defense. Other than the above mentioned 10 minute span, there weren't too many instances where I was mad at the lack of D.

I am concerened about a couple related things. I really don't see a decent ball hanlder yet. That's a big part of what killed us last year and I'm not sold on anyone yet, this year. On that same note, it's been mentioned that we're going to be a great transition team. While we have the athletes and the speed to run, it seems like everytime we get the opportunity, they don't finish it well. There were a couple of botched 1 on 1 and 2 on 1s. It was disappointing. Although Blair had this sick fake to one player and lay it to the other on a 3 on 2. I thought he gave it away a bit early but the other team completely bit on it.

So I guess while it's an improvement, I hope we get better real fast. I definatly think we would do better playing OU a little bit later this month.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Alex showed he can finish around the basket. hopefully he can be a consistent threat in the lane.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
the guys played ok. i liked what i saw from alex, and larry is larry. smitty had a nice dunk too. i think the guys are starting to gel a bit better, but i would have like to have seen a larger margin of victory.
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
Just read the stats, we shot only 44% from the line. C'mon, with this and from what you other guys said, looks like it's going to be another long year. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Cedarville NAIA, WOW. We are going to get shalacked by OU!!!!
Last edited by mrich on November 11th, 2006, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By lureal
Registration Days Posts
Everything looks bad to dickens. Our defense held them to 32% in the first half and had a 41-21 lead.
Now improve over the next week like we did this week and they will be climbing the hill. Coach D has a lot of good things going. Two top 100 guards in the program. When Brewington steps on the floor and everyone sees what a 2nd team all Big East conference player means to LB, AM, AS and TB those of us who believe in Coach D will be like the Democrats on Capitol Hill. I am praying for Coach and that his vision becomes lureal.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
We all believe his vision becomes a reality. You obviously to do not read previous posts. We just know, he can't get it done. Are you that much of a tit sucker?? Think for yourself
By lureal
Registration Days Posts
mrich-we shot 83.3% from the line. that is great for 20-24. may get beat at OU but it is going to be a good year.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
And to think, we beat a Top 25, 9-0 football team who were defending conference champs and riding a 14 game winning streak. So much for talking about the good stuff.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
We won by 14....thank you I am happy we won....but, it didn't count towards the record.
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
My Bad. I bet Cedarville is kicking themselves for that 44%. The game would have been alot closer. Who knows what would have happened?
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
WOW, he said tit.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Will, do you remember DC when Hoss called that girl a b***h
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
Hahaha, yes, that was the funniest thing in the world!
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
lureal, thanks for joining up. The RD side could use some more followers
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
whmatthews wrote:WOW, he said tit.
I seriously laughed out loud on that one.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:lureal, thanks for joining up. The RD side could use some more followers

Im not what you would consider a follower or Kool-Aid drinker, I just have always had this total dislike for rampant negativity
Last edited by BJWilliams on November 12th, 2006, 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]