If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Talton Jones
6' 3" 160 lbs Shooting Guard
Fayetteville (NC) Trinity Christian
AAU: Flight 22 Elite

Verbal Commits Profile

Hudl Profile

Twitter

Holds Offers from (As of 8/4/18):
  • Fayetteville State
    High Point
    Liberty
    Western Carolina

Phenom Hoop Report wrote:The Rise of Talton Jones
by Brandon Blakney | May 2, 2018

The 6’3 Fayettnam product has grilled out two straight weekends and now finds himself amidst
a serious come up.

When Jones lines up you immediately notice the 6’10 wingspan, then you see the smile and
how much the dude genuinely loves the game. Jones gives everything on every possession and
that combination of effort and passion makes him fun to watch.
Click Here for Full Story

PrepHoops.com wrote:Recruiting Report: Talton Jones (2019)

By Jake Perper Share
Posted On: 05/16/18 5:05 PM

On a Trinity Christian loaded with 2019 talent, Talton Jones was a reliable contributor.

This summer for Flight 22 Elite, the 6’3″, 175-pounder is the No. 1 option and pure scorer for his group. He helped Trinity Christian go 25-6 and win the Class 1A NCISAA title. Alongside Joey Baker (recently announced 2018 Duke commit) Au’diese Toney, Greg Gantt and Keith Marshall, Jones played a purpose averaging 8.3 points and 4.6 rebounds per game.
Click Here for Full Story
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
6´10¨ wingspan. That´s crazy for a kid 6´3¨. I´m not sure what Cabbell´s measures, but I imagine it´s close, and wouldn´t be surpised if Ritchie is thinking primarily defense with this one. Another recruit with a HS state championship. Seeing a real pattern there, and I like it.
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Man we need more athletes like Johnathan Bennett 8) :

I wonder if students would goto basketball games if the football team was right next to the jokers? Do the players have any of that jock influence they have in high schools?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Talton went 10/10 from the floor in an AAU game in Florida this week.

He is really starting to gain attention. We have the advantage of having offered early, and hopefully as a kid from a Christian school, he will be attracted to the Liberty culture. Also, I´m sure our staff is letting him know that a guard with his length can earn minutes early in our system with defense. (See Lovell Cabbel.)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Darn you, Tubby! :frustrated Talton, come to a real conference, the ASUN. Play Basketball
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Darn you, Tubby! :frustrated Talton, come to a real conference, the ASUN. Play Basketball
I think we will be recruiting against Tubby quite a bit. He has also offered Caleb Mills and 2021 whiz kid Carter Whitt.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I have to admit, High Point has a gorgeous campus (and the best nachos in the Big South).
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
With Issac McBride´s committment to Kansas, of the players we have offered, Talton would appear to be the likely focus. He looks to be a near-perfect fit as a replacement for the graduating Lovell Cabbel. So far, his only other D1 offers are High Point and western Carolina. No scholarship available at the moment, but that is likely to change.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]