If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
How much Kyle plays initially may depend on which direction Ritchie goes in the backcourt. If he goes with McGhee and Georgie, then Cuffee and Homesley will get most of the minutes at forward. I'm thinking that backcourt may be too small to play a lot in the packline, so I expect Cuffee to play a lot at guard, which will free up minutes for Kyle. Our depth is going to be at a level we have not seen in a long time. Maybe ever.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If Kyle is a legit 6'7" now, I would think he would play more at forward than guard.
I met Kyle at the conference championship game and he was a legit 6'6 then. He didn't look like a high school senior. He was built better than most of guys we've brought in over the years. If he had a growth spurt combined with our training program, he could be a legit small forward in the league by the time he graduates.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 7:25 pm If Kyle is a legit 6'7" now, I would think he would play more at forward than guard.
Definitely, but whether Cuffee plays more at F or G will factor into how many minutes Kyle gets. He has an offensive skill set which would allow him to have the ball in his hands as the shot clock winds down if he is mismatched against a bigger player, but I doubt he will ever actually play much in the backcourt.
By mlschubert
Registration Days Posts
It may also depend on whether Blake & Scottie play at the same time w Homeseley at the 3, cuffee at the 2 & Pacheco running point.. lots of options this year. I also enjoyed Myo bring the ball down the court in the NCAA tournament... Can't sleep on Myo, he's deceptive w the no look pass. I'm glad McKay has to decide and not me..

Back to the thread title .. thankful that Kyle is part of the team & excited to follow his career in the years ahead
oldflame wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 8:15 pm
Cider Jim wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 7:25 pm If Kyle is a legit 6'7" now, I would think he would play more at forward than guard.
Definitely, but whether Cuffee plays more at F or G will factor into how many minutes Kyle gets. He has an offensive skill set which would allow him to have the ball in his hands as the shot clock winds down if he is mismatched against a bigger player, but I doubt he will ever actually play much in the backcourt.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Great article, but with all due respect, Coach McKay never saw SCAR play. :shock:

Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]