If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
University of Illinois-Chicago
Chicago, Illinois

UIC Hoops Official Site

Steve McClain
3rd Season as UIC Head Coach

2017-2018 Schedule/Results
  • Overall .................. 19-15
    Horizon League ..... 12-6
    Road ....................... 8-7
  • NOV 10 - NC CENTRAL .................................. W, 65-55
    NOV 13 - SAINT JOSEPH'S ............................ L, 82-86 (OT)

ADOLPH RUPP CLASSIC
    NOV 16 - DELAWARE STATE ......................... W, 95-55
    NOV 18 - FORT WAYNE ................................. L, 51-67
    NOV 26 - @ #8 KENTUCKY ............................ L, 73-107
    NOV 29 - @ TROY ......................................... L, 66-87

DEC 02 - @ LOYOLA-CHICAGO ...................... L, 61-85
    DEC 06 - WISCONSIN-PARKSIDE .................. W, 76-48
    DEC 09 - DEPAUL .......................................... L, 55-65
    DEC 15 - DARTMOUTH ................................. W, 76-60
    DEC 19 - @ ILLINOIS STATE .......................... L, 70-71
    DEC 21 - @ NORTHERN ILLINOIS .................. L, 63-69
    DEC 23 - TRINITY CHRISTIAN ........................ W, 84-45
    DEC 28 - @ WRIGHT STATE* .......................... L, 61-65
    DEC 30 - @ NORTHERN KENTUCKY* ............. L, 51-86
    JAN 04 - @ IUPUI ......................................... W, 70-65
    JAN 10 - GREEN BAY* ................................... W, 84-73
    JAN 12 - MILWAUKEE* .................................. W, 88-73
    JAN 15 - OAKLAND* ...................................... L, 68-78
    JAN 18 - @ YOUNGSTOWN STATE* ................ W, 92-78
    JAN 20 - @ CLEVELAND STATE ...................... W, 87-80
    JAN 27 - IUPUI* ............................................ W, 71-62
    JAN 29 - @ MILWAUKEE* .............................. W, 74-56
    FEB 02 - @ OAKLAND* .................................. W, 79-73
    FEB 04 - @ DETROIT MERCY* ........................ W, 78-69
    FEB 08 - YOUNGSTOWN STATE* .................... W, 100-75
    FEB 10 - CLEVELAND STATE* ......................... L, 78-86
    FEB 16 - @ GREEN BAY* ................................ W, 83-75
    FEB 19 - DETROIT MERCY* ............................ W, 94-87
    FEB 23 - NORTHERN KENTUCKY* .................. L, 72-79
    FEB 25 - WRIGHT STATE* ............................... L, 81-88

HORIZON LEAGUE TOURNAMENT IN DETROIT
    MAR 04 - MILWAUKEE .................................... L, 75-80

10TH COLLEGEINSIDER.COM POSTSEASON TOURNAMENT
    MAR 14 - SAINT FRANCIS (PA) ....................... W, 84-61
    MAR 21 - @ AUSTIN PEAY .............................. W, 83-81
    MAR 28 - @ LIBERTY

Key Players

#1 Marcus Ottey
    6' 2" 185 lbs Sophomore Guard (Canada Native)
    Thru 34 Games: Averaging 13.5 Pts, 3.3 Rebs & 1.8 Assists + 52.5 FG% + 35.8% (24-of-67) on 3- Pt Attempts

#4 Tarkus Ferguson
    6' 4" 190 lbs Sophomore Guard
    In 25 Games: Averaging 10.2 Pts, 5.3 Rebs & 5.2 Assists + 39.5% (85-of-215) on 3-Pt Attempts

#10 Dikembe Dixson
    6' 7" 200 lbs Sophomore Forward
    In 32 Games: Averaging 14.2 Pts, 3.5 Rebs & .7 Assists + 31.5% (35-of-111) on 3-Pt Attempts
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I don't see a Wake Forest-level win on their schedule. Who would you say is the best team that they have beaten?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Their last two games were their best victories of the season. St. Francis (PA) is 178 and Austin Peay is 164 in the latest RPI. Oakland at 182 is their best regular season win. They were swept by both Wright State & Northern Kentucky in the Horizon which are the clear banner carriers for that league. In case you are wondering, we are 211 and UIC is 236.

None of that matters. Right now they are coming off a nice victory on the road in Tennessee. We need to play well to move on to the championship game.

I didn't mention it above since he is essentially a one-dimensional player, but they have the 4th-leading shot blocker in NCAA in Tai Odiase. He's blocking 3.21 shots a night.
By CCWMichael
flameshaw wrote:They did something we couldn't do, beat St. Francis. Oh.................................. that was football :oops:
Well played sir.
This should be an easy win for the men .... should.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Man_the_kay wrote:Their athletic logo reminds me the old LU logo back in the 90's.
Didn't we used to have a half court logo in the Vines that was a big flame or a big fire?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:
flameshaw wrote:They did something we couldn't do, beat St. Francis. Oh.................................. that was football :oops:
Well played sir.
This should be an easy win for the men .... should.
Austin Peay probably thought the same thing Play Basketball
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
If the "other Flames" win this game, it will be because they earned it, not because we took them lightly. From the day McKay returned the focus of the program has been to get better every day and prepare for the opponent at hand.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
It is a school night. Study And a church night for many students. :pray But this deacon will be in the Vines! Play Basketball
By Flamesmania
How goes it Liberty fans?! Just an FYI, Dikembe Dixson is no longer with the team as he has left to pursue professional options. Nevertheless the team seems to play better without him. The ball moves around more. Our starting point guard, Tarkus Ferguson missed 9 games early in the season that put us in a hole. When he came back (in January) we only lost one game in the month. He is the straw that stirs the offense. Anyhow, I cannot wish you guys luck on tomorrow night because it would be insincere. But I do wish that you not take the impending loss too hard.

One last thing that I have not been able to get an answer to: I understand the Flames nickname (representing the Holy Ghost/Spirit), but why is the eagle the mascot? If the school is to use a bird, why not a representative Dove?

Thanks and good...oh yeah, that's right!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Flamesmania wrote:How goes it Liberty fans?! Just an FYI, Dikembe Dixson is no longer with the team as he has left to pursue professional options. Nevertheless the team seems to play better without him. The ball moves around more. Our starting point guard, Tarkus Ferguson missed 9 games early in the season that put us in a hole. When he came back (in January) we only lost one game in the month. He is the straw that stirs the offense. Anyhow, I cannot wish you guys luck on tomorrow night because it would be insincere. But I do wish that you not take the impending loss too hard.

One last thing that I have not been able to get an answer to: I understand the Flames nickname (representing the Holy Ghost/Spirit), but why is the eagle the mascot? If the school is to use a bird, why not a representative Dove?

Actually, the Flames nickname was derived from the school motto, which is "Knowledge Aflame" The eagle, along with the red, white & blue colors are part of the schools patriotic emphasis. :usa

We can always do what the theater people do and tell each other to "break a leg". 8)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Flamesmania, welcome to our board! :welcome May the best Flames team win on Wednesday! Play Basketball

Will your dragon mascot be traveling with you all?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:We'll be doing great if there are less than 5000 empty seats.

Hopefully the fans will pack Vines Center for this game, then pack softball stadium Friday and Saturday.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Flamesmania wrote:How goes it Liberty fans?! Just an FYI, Dikembe Dixson is no longer with the team as he has left to pursue professional options. Nevertheless the team seems to play better without him. The ball moves around more. Our starting point guard, Tarkus Ferguson missed 9 games early in the season that put us in a hole. When he came back (in January) we only lost one game in the month. He is the straw that stirs the offense. Anyhow, I cannot wish you guys luck on tomorrow night because it would be insincere. But I do wish that you not take the impending loss too hard.

I like you. Stick around. Or at least have an Italian Beef for me. Wet of course
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]