If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Liberty_2023
With court projection mapping the court becomes like a massive Jumbotron right? Where they can do holograms and stuff like this Florida video.
By ElmersTwin
Liberty_2023 wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 11:34 pm With court projection mapping the court becomes like a massive Jumbotron right? Where they can do holograms and stuff like this Florida video.
Yeah, more or less. Hopefully the content that athletics or an outside agency creates will be solid to give it a cool effect.
By Liberty_2023
That will be awesome. Not many arenas even in the power 5 have that. We're gonna have the nicest little arena in college basketball.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 10:19 pm
Liberty_2023 wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 7:27 pm That will be awesome. Not many arenas even in the power 5 have that. We're gonna have the nicest little arena in college basketball.
You're so predictable. :D

The bar is set high for best small basketball venue. Wofford's arena, funded by alum Jerry Richardson, is pretty amazing, and High Point has spent a boatload of $$ on their new facility. Hopefully ours will be "in the discussion"
JK37 liked this
By Jonathan Carone
It was a really, really well done video. From a creative standpoint, the understated nature of the pictures allowed the audio to speak volumes.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 9th, 2020, 12:45 pm It was a really, really well done video. From a creative standpoint, the understated nature of the pictures allowed the audio to speak volumes.
If I have one small critique, it would be no Jerry Edwards calls.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 9th, 2020, 1:14 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 9th, 2020, 12:45 pm It was a really, really well done video. From a creative standpoint, the understated nature of the pictures allowed the audio to speak volumes.
If I have one small critique, it would be no Jerry Edwards calls.
Booooo

I loved Jerry Edwards. Great voice. Loved the school. With LU through thick and thin
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
In their defense, all the audio pxp clips were from TV. It would have been more work to pull the radio archives too. JE was strictly a radio guy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
No chance it will be mistaken for Orville Reddenbacher
By hoop20

Does this look small to anyone else? I know there's supposed to be 1,912 bleacher sets added but it looks really tight. Thoughts?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It does look small but without the bleachers it is really hard for me to picture it. Can't wait to see the finished product.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I have always been in the “it’s just a tad undersized” Camp
LUOrange liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
yeah me too. I always was big on playing in a smaller arena but this has always seemed a bit small. I still think it'll be a good place to play and a great atmosphere. I am holding off on judging it completely until I see the finished product.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
When Mrs Purple is done and/or fires her assistant I look forward to a lot of games there

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm that[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]