If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Purple, it's a short walk from the current parking garage to the Vines.
If you have a parking pass. Although to be fair, I didn’t attend a game this year because I had no time But if I had I would also have had no idea where to park
By Class of 20Something
JLFJR wrote: Also, please go back and read the articles announcing this project as an EXPANSION of the Vines Center. That means the new facility will still be called the Vines Center. I like some of the ideas here of naming the different courts after certain people who were instrumental in making LU and its athletics program what it is today ...
If this is the case, I would think the court name would be used in promos rather than the Vines Center. "Come see your Lady Flames play at the Vines Center" wouldn't tell anyone which to expect to be in on gameday.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Purple, it's a short walk from the current parking garage to the Vines.
If you have a parking pass. Although to be fair, I didn’t attend a game this year because I had no time But if I had I would also have had no idea where to park
Purple, the parking garage is FREE on the weekends. Anybody can park there then, even ballcoach for the softball games. :oldhag
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The first LU basketball game I attended in Vines Center, I received a 50.00 Parking Ticket for illegal parking. But I utilized my Military Police experience, and "beat it".
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The first LU basketball game I attended in Vines Center, I received a 50.00 Parking Ticket for illegal parking. But I utilized my Military Police experience, and "beat it".
The first basketball game I attended at the Vines Center I parked in Dr Falwell’s spot. I did not get a ticket.
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We need to get students out of dorms and into the arena on game night/days. Need better student support for basketball, softball and baseball. With number of students at LU now, the seats should be full at majority of the games.

Be early, be loud and wear red.
They might actually be studying weeknights. :P :P

BTW still waiting to see my large fountain as the focal point in the main quad area. Some samples. https://www.lawnstarter.com/blog/landsc ... fountains/
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:The first LU basketball game I attended in Vines Center, I received a 50.00 Parking Ticket for illegal parking. But I utilized my Military Police experience, and "beat it".
The first basketball game I attended at the Vines Center I parked in Dr Falwell’s spot. I did not get a ticket.
Flames Club membership will get you a parking pass close enough you can spit and hit the Vines Center. $1200 gets you right across the street and $600 gets you at DeMoss. Just sayin!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Flames Club membership will get you a parking pass close enough you can spit and hit the Vines Center. $1200 gets you right across the street and $600 gets you at DeMoss. Just sayin!
I’ll take that under advisement.......
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
JLFJR wrote:I suggested the idea a year or so ago of building the parking garage on top of the existing public frontage road so that the road runs through the parking garage. This will allow us to build a parking garage large enough that parking will never be an issue at LU again while allowing us to demolish only 2 dorms on Campus East. We broke ground today on the new highway off ramp from US 460/29 bypass eastbound lane to accompany the existing on ramp. A roundabout will serve these two ramps. This means locals will be able to use the bypass to enter the parking garage, take the elevator down to the pedestrian tunnel under the bypass to the arena, then return without hassel. I think this will greatly increase attendance at games.
:clapping
By cruzan_flame13
I’m not sure if anyone asked this, but will there be a ribbon screens around the new Vines to show other scores of the Big South and other scores in the NCAA?
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
JLFJR wrote:I suggested the idea a year or so ago of building the parking garage on top of the existing public frontage road so that the road runs through the parking garage. This will allow us to build a parking garage large enough that parking will never be an issue at LU again while allowing us to demolish only 2 dorms on Campus East. We broke ground today on the new highway off ramp from US 460/29 bypass eastbound lane to accompany the existing on ramp. A roundabout will serve these two ramps. This means locals will be able to use the bypass to enter the parking garage, take the elevator down to the pedestrian tunnel under the bypass to the arena, then return without hassel. I think this will greatly increase attendance at games.
:clapping
Another really thoughtful and creative idea. You have demonstrated again and again really creative vision and giftedness on the business and real real estate development side. While i know it is not your motive, this campus will be a testament to your faithfulness in using those gifts effectively for generations to come.
Keep exercising and living in your giftedness. We are all beneficiaries.
That you for your faithfulness to God and our school.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote::vomit

I feel like I just read a fake positive review.
I totally understand where you are coming from.....

But that’s the funniest thing I’ve read on here since ballcoach cited ‘a source’
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Glad i could provide you two with a moment. You probably don't get too many. ;)

Seriously though, it is easy to be a cynic. If you read my post history you will see i fall on that side of things more often than not. If we were talking politics my tone would be different but I don't think anyone can argue that what has happened at LU in the past 10+ years is God's blessing in and through the unique giftedness and vision of Jerry Falwell Jr and his leadership team. I am just giving credit where credit is due. That campus is forever changed because of him. I, for one, don't say "Thank you" often enough.
By JLFJR
Registration Days Posts
You are very kind, ALAFlamesFan. Thank you but I’m just doing what I love to do and, as they say, do what you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.

But, since I’m here, I have to tell this story. Lately, I’ve been meeting with all our potential football recruits and their families every Friday night. It’s been a lot of fun getting to know them and we have had a great recruiting season. We have 29 of the 30 we were seeking. I met with a young man who we hope will be #30 and his father last night at a local hotel. While we were talking, I received a call. It was from an unknown number. I answered and a man said Mr. Falwell, this is the White House operator. The president would like to speak to you. I said ok and the booming voice of President Trump came on the line saying, Jerry, I just wanted to let you know you did a great job on CNN the other night. He thanked me for appearing on the show. We talked politics awhile and then he asked about how the football team was looking for the Fall. I told him to ask Turner Gill since he was sitting with me. On the speakerphone, Turner gave him a full update but only after the president praised Turner for his incredible career as a player at Nebraska. He knew all about Turner's career as a player. Then the president talked to our recruit (whose father was completely blown away and almost fell out of his chair) and told the young running back all the reasons he should come to LU! He talked about where he believed our football program was headed in the future and about how LU was doing everything right!

The president ended the call by asking about Becki and commented that he was glad to hear that she and Melania had been chatting some recently, wished us all a Happy Easter and said goodbye.

I jokingly told the recruit that the timing of that call was a sign from God that he needed to play at LU! I hope he agrees!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
JLFJR wrote:You are very kind, ALAFlamesFan. Thank you but I’m just doing what I love to do and, as they say, do what you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.

But, since I’m here, I have to tell this story. Lately, I’ve been meeting with all our potential football recruits and their families every Friday night. It’s been a lot of fun getting to know them and we have had a great recruiting season. We have 29 of the 30 we were seeking. I met with a young man who we hope will be #30 and his father last night at a local hotel. While we were talking, I received a call. It was from an unknown number. I answered and a man said Mr. Falwell, this is the White House operator. The president would like to speak to you. I said ok and the booming voice of President Trump came on the line saying, Jerry, I just wanted to let you know you did a great job on CNN the other night. He thanked me for appearing on the show. We talked politics awhile and then he asked about how the football team was looking for the Fall. I told him to ask Turner Gill since he was sitting with me. On the speakerphone, Turner gave him a full update but only after the president praised Turner for his incredible career as a player at Nebraska. He knew all about Turner's career as a player. Then the president talked to our recruit (whose father was completely blown away and almost fell out of his chair) and told the young running back all the reasons he should come to LU! He talked about where he believed our football program was headed in the future and about how LU was doing everything right!

The president ended the call by asking about Becki and commented that he was glad to hear that she and Melania had been chatting some recently, wished us all a Happy Easter and said goodbye.

I jokingly told the recruit that the timing of that call was a sign from God that he needed to play at LU! I hope he agrees!
Great story. MAGA :)
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
JLFJR wrote:You are very kind, ALAFlamesFan. Thank you but I’m just doing what I love to do and, as they say, do what you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.

That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:JFLJR just pulled the ultimate Slyfox.

:)
No. Sly would not have used any names. Kudos to JLFJR for stepping up
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:JFLJR just pulled the ultimate Slyfox.

:)
No. Sly would not have used any names. Kudos to JLFJR for stepping up
Ahh yes. Good point.
ballcoach15 wrote:Not often the President of United States lends a hand in recruiting. Good job by all.
Probably a NCAA infraction in there some place. Right ballcoach?
NCAA Realignment Megathread

This probably saves the AAC until the ACC gets pic[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now.

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point[…]