If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BlueBlood
There hasn’t been much activity at Vines since the roof came off, but it looks like a crane has arrived today - so we might see some progress soon.
By tyndal23
BlueBlood wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 8:52 am It’s good to see some activity again.
If you zoom in they dug out around the base of a pillar on Southwest side - looks like they may be doing it on a second pillar also - might be some sag and jacking it up or some type of leak/crack they are shoring up.
By Class of 20Something
So a few new things to note since I got my flames club packet in the mail.

First. New rendering of inside. Curved screens.

Second. The entire west side is an entrance. Praise be.

Third. Parking passes for Eagle($120) and up. Also, Praise be.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for sharing. Looks so nice. I may need to head down to Lynchburg for a game. If I can somehow get a single game ticket.
By ElmersTwin
thepostman wrote: June 29th, 2020, 8:39 am Thanks for sharing. Looks so nice. I may need to head down to Lynchburg for a game. If I can somehow get a single game ticket.
8 projectors are also being installed for court projection mapping. It should be a good in-game experience.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Seems like a ton of student seating - a typically fickle group. Hope they can fill it.

Wonder if unused student seating will be sold as single game tix?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
:oldhag The Old Men's Club :oldhag has chosen section 20. :oldhag And we really hope that a men's bathroom is nearby.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Jonathan Carone
Not really. There are also wheelchair areas in other areas of the stadium as well. Even if the students are standing, someone in a wheelchair should be able to see from that spot on the concourse.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 29th, 2020, 10:46 am Not really. There are also wheelchair areas in other areas of the stadium as well. Even if the students are standing, someone in a wheelchair should be able to see from that spot on the concourse.
I see now that there are other areas, but based on situations I have seen, I suspect a person in a wheelchair on the concourse would likely be obstructed if fans are standing in the last row or 2.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Even when we weren't great there was somewhere between 1,000 and 1,250 students so i don't forsee 2,000 being an issue as long as we stay good but even in down years the place will remain pretty full which is the beauty of a smaller arena.

As far as handicap seating behind the students, I'd imagine they have thought about that and they'll be elevated a bit to see over students, even while standing.
By Class of 20Something
Student seating seems perfect. Maybe a little high.

But the students will likely have some kind of priority system based on attendance to other non major sporting events.

Well more than 2000 want to attend the first game. I am very curious to see how LU prioritizes it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 29th, 2020, 10:53 am Even when we weren't great there was somewhere between 1,000 and 1,250 students so i don't forsee 2,000 being an issue as long as we stay good but even in down years the place will remain pretty full which is the beauty of a smaller arena.

As far as handicap seating behind the students, I'd imagine they have thought about that and they'll be elevated a bit to see over students, even while standing.
I wager they hadn’t really thought about it outside of ADA numerical requirements and access. Karen is going to need to speak with the manager during the first game
olldflame liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I wonder if Student Flame Club membership will factor into who gets the seats. Does anyone know how many members they have? :dontgetit
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: June 29th, 2020, 10:59 am Student seating seems perfect. Maybe a little high.

But the students will likely have some kind of priority system based on attendance to other non major sporting events.

Well more than 2000 want to attend the first game. I am very curious to see how LU prioritizes it.
Not sure if we need to go to those lengths yet, but I am a big fan of the test on team knowledge they use to narrow things down at Duke.
By Class of 20Something
olldflame wrote: June 29th, 2020, 12:39 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: June 29th, 2020, 10:59 am Student seating seems perfect. Maybe a little high.

Not sure if we need to go to those lengths yet, but I am a big fan of the test on team knowledge they use to narrow things down at Duke.
I think of there's a question you have to implement it. Just by staying intent the FOMO begins and surges activity.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: June 29th, 2020, 1:28 pm
olldflame wrote: June 29th, 2020, 12:39 pm

I think of there's a question you have to implement it. Just by staying intent the FOMO begins and surges activity.
I volunteer to write the questions. 8)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: June 30th, 2020, 9:28 am I volunteer to write the questions. 8)
Volunteer??? If Ballcoach can be on the payroll for his LU football security detail :fight , maybe you can be, too, as the LU basketball historian. Study
By LUOrange
The Lil'Arena will pay off this year with students leaving for the semester at Thanksgiving. I'm definitely curious as to how the schedule will look in November and December.
By tyndal23
tyndal23 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 10:23 am
Veritas wrote: June 12th, 2020, 9:21 am Curious pedestal structure in the middle of the Vines floor:
https://www.liberty.edu/aboutliberty/in ... n-Interior

I suppose this is clear confirmation that the Vines will not be used for sporting events in the future, as the elevated structure appears to be made of poured concrete.
I wager it is temporary base for Temporary center pole for the roof.
https://www.liberty.edu/aboutliberty/in ... n-Interior
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]