If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ElmersTwin
thepostman wrote: October 10th, 2020, 2:33 pm Thanks @ElmersTwin !!

The new arena does look bigger than it has in other pictures I have seen.

In the newest Liberty Journal they said the new arena will be able to sit up to 4,000 for sporting events. Have they altered the plans yet again to fit in 500 more seats? I haven't seen that written anywhere else, so just curious.
I'm not sure, but I'd bet it's still sitting around that 4,000 mark. I think the room is designed in a way that makes it feel a bit bigger than what it is.

Either way, it'll be a good gameday experience. Marketing is currently working on 4K content for the floor and the room is set to be handed off to Athletics by the end of the month (-ish, knowing how construction fares at LU).
cruzan_flame13 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have been busy with football and softball this fall, and have paid very little attention to basketball stuff, but isn't the new arena "behind schedule" with construction ?
By tyndal23
ElmersTwin wrote: October 10th, 2020, 2:59 pm
thepostman wrote: October 10th, 2020, 2:33 pm Thanks @ElmersTwin !!

The new arena does look bigger than it has in other pictures I have seen.

In the newest Liberty Journal they said the new arena will be able to sit up to 4,000 for sporting events. Have they altered the plans yet again to fit in 500 more seats? I haven't seen that written anywhere else, so just curious.
I'm not sure, but I'd bet it's still sitting around that 4,000 mark. I think the room is designed in a way that makes it feel a bit bigger than what it is.

Either way, it'll be a good gameday experience. Marketing is currently working on 4K content for the floor and the room is set to be handed off to Athletics by the end of the month (-ish, knowing how construction fares at LU).
Original PR was 4K sporting events - 4.5 k with floor seating - nothing changed.
thepostman liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 13th, 2020, 10:19 am I have been busy with football and softball this fall, and have paid very little attention to basketball stuff, but isn't the new arena "behind schedule" with construction ?
From the outside, the new arena looks finished or just about finished. The Vines has a long way to go, but that’s not important basketball-wise.
By Liberty_2023
Looks awesome! Really like the seats designs (I didn't at first but I think it adds a unique feel). I bet it's way louder than Vines and the pregame court projection mapping will create a great pregame atmosphere.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Only 600 fans will be allowed to attend games
Source: email from Flames Club canceling my season tickets.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on November 10th, 2020, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Tell us everything! I’m interested to see how it looks with all the seats out, I think that will help it look less like a cracker box.
By LUOrange
I took the tour last week, and while the Little Arena is really nice, it's still very small. So does anyone know, if and when they plan on further renovating the Vines?
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: November 17th, 2020, 4:16 pm I took the tour last week, and while the Little Arena is really nice, it's still very small. So does anyone know, if and when they plan on further renovating the Vines?
I've been saying this for a while but stopped after every discussion devolved into a "tiny is better" if a larger venue was mentioned. Tread carefully on the thin ice!
LUOrange liked this
By BlueBlood
Ha, yes. I’ve definitely noticed that some are very triggered by the ideas of MBB outgrowing the small arena or wanting to play a few big games a year in front of a bigger crowd.
LUOrange liked this
By Ill flame
Considering all of the big plans LU has I wouldn't be surprised if the long term plan is to heavily renovate the vines for basketball and build a bigger facility for convocation. 4000 is perfect for WBB, volleyball and gymnastics if they wanna add it but the men's program should outgrow it within 10-15 years if everything goes well.
LUOrange liked this
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]