If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I not know NCAA rules. They stupid
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Trump should do a Go Fund Me account for the wall. If the 63 million who voted for him each gave @ $250 it would basically cover the cost :usa
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:JLFJR can clearly get things built, so maybe we could put him in charge of the wall since the President isn't into keeping his campaign promises on the signature issue that got him elected.
That's what he has the military for :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
No NCAA violation involved.

If Arizona can buy a recruit for 100,000 is ok in eyes of NCAA, then President putting in a good word for LU is certainly legal. Arizona and the other schools that brought recruits should be given a 5 year post season ban.
By JLFJR
Registration Days Posts
Not a big deal but one loose end I forgot to cover on this topic: we are replacing the beds lost by demolishing two dorms on Campus East for the new parking garage by adding an additional floor of housing on each of the old Hill dorms and pitched rooves for aesthetic reasons. Those dorms won’t look like shoe boxes anymore. The “bones” of those dorms are solid so they should last a long time with interior renovations every so often. Just FYI
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JLFJR wrote:Not a big deal but one loose end I forgot to cover on this topic: we are replacing the beds lost by demolishing two dorms on Campus East for the new parking garage by adding an additional floor of housing on each of the old Hill dorms and pitched rooves for aesthetic reasons. Those dorms won’t look like shoe boxes anymore. The “bones” of those dorms are solid so they should last a long time with interior renovations every so often. Just FYI
Totally thought you were going to say you were going to attach an Athletic Dorm to it! Let’s go Old School Baby! :D
By Old Red
Thanks for that update, JLFJR. That sounds like a really good plan! My wife & I both lived on the Hill for our first couple of years. We are glad they are staying, but equally glad they are getting a facelift. We thought they were starting to look out of place with all the new, attractive buildings around them.
I’m assuming you want to add pitched roofs to match up with the HWC & new School of Business. Will the dorms get a new facade to match those buildings as well?
By JLFJR
Registration Days Posts
They will get a facelift and we may even enclose space between some of those dorms to create atrium style common areas!
By Man_the_kay
That sounds amazing!
My first dorm life in Liberty was Hill. I can't wait to see another aesthetic structure on campus.
However, the experience(3 people share 1 room) was just okay.
I understand because at that time we didn't have enough rooms on campus.
It would be better if 2 people share 1 room since we have several massive dorms.

so my conclusion is... I love your campus plan!
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Man_the_kay wrote:That sounds amazing!
My first dorm life in Liberty was Hill. I can't wait to see another aesthetic structure on campus.
However, the experience(3 people share 1 room) was just okay.
I understand because at that time we didn't have enough rooms on campus.
It would be better if 2 people share 1 room since we have several massive dorms.

so my conclusion is... I love your campus plan!
Haha three people, how awful! Try four to a room. SOP in those dorms when I was there.
By LUDad
So where will the Runk & Pratt Golf Course @ LU be located? I realize it will help out the golf team and the Sports Management degree program. However, will it have a resort adjacent to it to help facilitate the new hospitally degree program?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
According to WSET tonight, the new arena will seat 5,000 and the new parking garage will house 1,600 cars.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:According to WSET tonight, the new arena will seat 5,000 and the new parking garage will house 1,600 cars.
Now just reverse those numbers and it would be perfect! :lol:
By Class of 20Something
Truthfully, I haven't been to an LU MBB game since '09 but the combination of opponents and a new arena might get me there.

If the parking garage is going on East, are they just putting a parking lot next to Commons 3 or are they clearing for something else?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:If the parking garage is going on East, are they just putting a parking lot next to Commons 3 or are they clearing for something else?
Well, the plan was for the new cafeteria and commons 4!
By cruzan_flame13
alabama24 wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:If the parking garage is going on East, are they just putting a parking lot next to Commons 3 or are they clearing for something else?
Well, the plan was for the new cafeteria and commons 4!
Then they mentioned the possibility of jut putting a parking lot there for awhile. To be honest, they haven't mentioned the next step for that spot now. The plan was the common 4 and a cafeteria, but that cafeteria may be a risk because of the growth of residential students in the future.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Truthfully, I haven't been to an LU MBB game since '09 but the combination of opponents and a new arena might get me there.

If the parking garage is going on East, are they just putting a parking lot next to Commons 3 or are they clearing for something else?
From what I recall from the schematic I saw I believe it's an access road that goes to the front of the new School of Business.
By Class of 20Something
Chippy wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:Truthfully, I haven't been to an LU MBB game since '09 but the combination of opponents and a new arena might get me there.

From what I recall from the schematic I saw I believe it's an access road that goes to the front of the new School of Business.
We're talking about different clearings. Yes, that is an access road going in front of the School of Business. If you look at the Tower cams, you can see the new roundabout taking shape by the book store.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: that cafeteria may be a risk because of the growth of residential students in the future.
Why would it be a risk? Kids gotta eat... Cafeteria is too small. Moving the majority of the dining closer to the dorms is a good move.
By cruzan_flame13
alabama24 wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote: that cafeteria may be a risk because of the growth of residential students in the future.
Why would it be a risk? Kids gotta eat... Cafeteria is too small. Moving the majority of the dining closer to the dorms is a good move.
The size of student population.That cafeteria located in Commons IV may be small as well especially if residential population increase. That's the risk that I was referring to.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:The size of student population.That cafeteria located in Commons IV may be small as well especially if residential population increase. That's the risk that I was referring to.
I don't think that is an issue.
By tyndal23
After digging a hole, has much construction been happening on the new Arena? Construction Cams don’t show a lot...

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm that[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]