If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUalumfromnc
Registration Days Posts
No stupid not NIT tournaments!!!! That disappointing team doesn't deserve to go anywhere!!!! Hopefully we will be in a more than one bid league in the future!!!! Please let it be as soon as possible!!!!
By Jonathan Carone
LUalumfromnc wrote:No stupid not NIT tournaments!!!! That disappointing team doesn't deserve to go anywhere!!!! Hopefully we will be in a more than one bid league in the future!!!! Please let it be as soon as possible!!!!
Dude, you’re so off base. You want us in the Big East - a league with two possible one seeds in the NCAA tournament - yet you don’t think postseason experience in a lesser tournament that will help us compete better in the Big South next year is a good thing?

Yep.

That makes sense.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'd take ANY post-season tournament, just like we were in last year, which got us to our 20-win season. Play Basketball :fineprint
By LUalumfromnc
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
LUalumfromnc wrote:No stupid not NIT tournaments!!!! That disappointing team doesn't deserve to go anywhere!!!! Hopefully we will be in a more than one bid league in the future!!!! Please let it be as soon as possible!!!!
Dude, you’re so off base. You want us in the Big East - a league with two possible one seeds in the NCAA tournament - yet you don’t think postseason experience in a lesser tournament that will help us compete better in the Big South next year is a good thing?

Yep.

That makes sense.
It's embarrassing. I've wanted Liberty to leave the Big South in everything from day one. Do you see big time teams in the CIT, CBI, etc? Yeah didn't think so.
By Jonathan Carone
We aren’t a big time team. We are nowhere close to being one either. To get there, it takes experience and extra time together. These two postseason tournaments allow for those things.

If you want us to be a big time team, you should want us to be able to play in these tournaments.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
While everyone wants to be in the big dance, i think losing today might have been the best thing for us long term. We need to keep working and getting stronger in the weight room. We need to get more game reps for our young team. These other tournaments can do that for us. Making the big dance with our record means a bottom seed and a quick 1st round exit. We need minutes and tournament experience.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
There’s only 1 NIT it’s also shown on ESPN. That would be a huge invite for LU.
I’m not sure why you’d be against it.

The CBI or CIT would be on about even par with any sort of Football Bowl invite LU would get, so I’m not sure why you’d be opposed to that either.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

The CBI or CIT would be on about even par with any sort of Football Bowl invite LU would get, so I’m not sure why you’d be opposed to that either.
So, if the kid misses the buzzer beater and we win in OT, the "disappointing" team are suddenly heroes?

Chances of a NIT bid are very slim. I'll happily go to the CIT, and frankly, I think we could win the thing.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

So, if the kid misses the buzzer beater and we win in OT, the "disappointing" team are suddenly heroes?

Chances of a NIT bid are very slim. I'll happily go to the CIT, and frankly, I think we could win the thing.
Exactly. This season was fine. A Tournament birth would have been over and above.

Not sure about WINNING the CIT but think they could get a game or two
By Jonathan Carone
I’d love for an extra month of practice and a few extra games for Scottie’s development. He’s on the verge of making the jump as is. That’ll only help.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah it is just insanity to me that anybody wouldn't want extra practice time along with game action. It's great for our guys.

I'm obviously disappointed we lost today but we have come a long way and are so, so close to turning the corner.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
You guys do realize this guy is just trolling you all right? Copy and past posts for extreme response. its quite obvious lol. no one could be that ignorant on purpose...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:
You guys do realize this guy is just trolling you all right? Copy and past posts for extreme response. its quite obvious lol. no one could be that ignorant on purpose...
You’ve met LU fans, right?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: I'll happily go to the CIT, and frankly, I think we could win the thing.
:clapping Olldflame, I like how you think, and I agree (about happily going to the CIT). They have nice banners, right? :fineprint
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:For the record, St. Peters beat Texas A&M Corpus Christi in the CIT final last year. Anyone still think we couldn't win it?
I’ll believe it when I see it. And would be happy if they did
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:For the record, St. Peters beat Texas A&M Corpus Christi in the CIT final last year. Anyone still think we couldn't win it?
I’ll believe it when I see it. And would be happy if they did
As would I, and to be perfectly clear, I did not say I think we WILL win it; I said I think we CAN.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
flamesfilmguy wrote:
You’ve met LU fans, right?
you're probably right. I shouldn't be surprised when people are not the brightest here.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I would be fascinated to hear your thoughts on what league we might possibly join that is not a one bid league for MBB.

Conference USA ....... one bid
Sun Belt .................. one bid
MAC ........................ one bid

Who else is there? The one possibility that has even been discussed is staying Indy in football and trying to get into the A-10. They are projected to have a whopping 2 bids this year. It really doesn't matter anyway, because we currently have ZERO chance to be invited there, or anywhere else where they are likely to get more than one.

Reality check dude..... Out of 32 D1 conferences, 23 are projected to have only one bid this year.
Last edited by olldflame on March 5th, 2018, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]