If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Cabbil with an atrocious take the possesion before then failed to keep the clock in mind on d. Jones didnt have enough time for the drive so the 3 was the only option at that point.

They need to find scottie some help is all i can say.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Both teams took horrible final shots. Radford just happens to have gone in.
Nothing to be ashamed of
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Next year we’ll have Newton and Preston to help Scottie plus We’ll add McGhee to give us some much needed scoring.

Such a shame to see Georgie disappear like he did this tournament.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:The difference is they had less time-we mismanaged our time of possession.
I disagree. Milked the clock. Nothing wrong with that. Still had time to get something better. Just took a horrible shot. It happens.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:Yo please tell me somebody hacked Jrs twitter account... talk about embarrassing.
?
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I can’t screen shot it but here is what he said
Congratulations @LibertyMBB losing at the buzzer in the @BigSouthSports conference championship game. Refs did the worst job officiating a Big South game I’ve seen in quite a while, unfortunately not in favor of @LibertyU !
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:I can’t screen shot it but here is what he said
Congratulations @LibertyMBB losing at the buzzer in the @BigSouthSports conference championship game. Refs did the worst job officiating a Big South game I’ve seen in quite a while, unfortunately not in favor of @LibertyU !
Which will be in stark contrast to his Employee, Head MBB Coach RMK.

:brownbag
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That screams basketball ignorance and allowing emotions to get the best of you. Not a good look but not surprising.

The turnovers lost us the game. Not the refs.
By LUalumfromnc
Registration Days Posts
He said what a lot of us are thinking. It was a disappointing season anyway. Liberty was predicted to finish 3rd (we finished 8th, but because of the tiebreakers we finished 5th). Please no stupid not NIT tournament!!!! Hopefully we will get in a more than one big league like the Big East in the future!!!!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
If a lot of people are sitting there blaming the refs for this loss you're crazy.

We finished runner ups in the big south. We are improving slowly but surely. The foundation is there. This is not football where we are getting worse.
By Class of 20Something
Honestly, I'm not mad at the loss. Defense played stellar(yeah we relied on our defense, what did you expect from a Tony Bennett product?) and they made an incredible strategic shot. I am fine with my team losing in glorious fashion.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It was a tough game to officiate. I think they did a decent job. There were times I thought they made the wrong call but it went both ways.

The refs were never even close to being in my head after the last shot went in which tells me they did alright.

I have read jr may not of even been there but I find that hard to believe.
By Jonathan Carone
Jonathan Carone wrote:Blaming the refs for this game is childish and/or ignorant. They were bad at times but they in no way cost us the game.
For the record, I don’t see what Ryan said as blaming the refs. I think he was pointing out they were bad but implied they were bad both ways.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Hindsight being 20-20, should have called a TO and set up a better shot. Cabill has the lowest 3pt FG% of starters.
By LUalumfromnc
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:If a lot of people are sitting there blaming the refs for this loss you're crazy.

We finished runner ups in the big south. We are improving slowly but surely. The foundation is there. This is not football where we are getting worse.
It's embarrassing. I've wanted to leave the Big South in everything from day one!!!! Do you see any big teams in the CIT, CBI, etc? Yeah didn't think so.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Blaming the refs for this game is childish and/or ignorant. They were bad at times but they in no way cost us the game.
For the record, I don’t see what Ryan said as blaming the refs. I think he was pointing out they were bad but implied they were bad both ways.
That's how I read it as well. I think he may be a bit more upset by it because there were 2 or 3 non calls he was directly involved with.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUalumfromnc wrote:
He said what a lot of us are thinking. It was a disappointing season anyway. Liberty was predicted to finish 3rd (we finished 8th, but because of the tiebreakers we finished 5th). Please no stupid not NIT tournament!!!! Hopefully we will get in a more than one big league like the Big East in the future!!!!
I don't believe he said it, unless I see it. Then I am not sure. There have been some tweets hacked lately. It would be way out of character for him to say something like that about a sports event. Hope I am not wrong about this. It sure would be disappointing. I don't see he said anything like that on my Twitter account.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]