If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Welp, this should be a quick tournament for us. :(
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I guess, since the offense we used last night worked so well, it was time to go back to the pass it around the perimeter and take a horrible shot offense again. Hard to believe the difference in the team tonight, than last night. We are still releasing everyone on an offensive shot, leaving only one or less players to rebound. Asheville just had 3 offensive rebounds on the last 2 possessions.
Oh well, maybe we can make some adjustments, but I haven't seen us do it all year
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Amazing amazing 2nd half. Asheville missing bunnies and layups. Cold final 5. 1 more game!

I was convinced they were going to Liberty it away at the end :wink:
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Old Red wrote:I’m heading up to Radford for the game. Who’s joining me?
Planning on going. Not but an hour and a half at most from where I'm located. Had planned on going to the regular season game at RU but wound up not getting to. Thought then might have a chance at a re-do.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have been out of the loop on basketball, but I thought tournament was in Asheville, since they won regular season. Why is it now moved to Radford ? Who doesnhave facilities for a championship game.

I heard the Dedmon Center was not large enough for a high school game between Gate City and Radford this week. Now the Big South is feeding off that and playing a D1 conference championship game there,
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have been out of the loop on basketball, but I thought tournament was in Asheville, since they won regular season. Why is it now moved to Radford ? Who doesnhave facilities for a championship game.

I heard the Dedmon Center was not large enough for a high school game between Gate City and Radford this week. Now the Big South is feeding off that and playing a D1 conference championship game there,
After the early rounds are held at the home court of the #1 seed, the final is played at the home court of the highest remaining seed. This theoretically assures a good crowd for the final. The Dedmon holds 3800 (about the same as UNCA's facility) and will probably be packed. It should be a GREAT atmosphere for a conference tournament final.
By Jonathan Carone
olldflame wrote:After the early rounds are held at the home court of the #1 seed, the final is played at the home court of the highest remaining seed. This theoretically assures a good crowd for the final. The Dedmon holds 3800 (about the same as UNCA's facility) and will probably be packed. It should be a GREAT atmosphere for a conference tournament final.
Radford's on spring break so I don't know how many students they'll have there. We have a chance to make it pro-Liberty if our students make the trip.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
olldflame wrote:After the early rounds are held at the home court of the #1 seed, the final is played at the home court of the highest remaining seed. This theoretically assures a good crowd for the final. The Dedmon holds 3800 (about the same as UNCA's facility) and will probably be packed. It should be a GREAT atmosphere for a conference tournament final.
Radford's on spring break so I don't know how many students they'll have there. We have a chance to make it pro-Liberty if our students make the trip.
If the tickets are made available, I would think under those circumstances anything less than 1500 Liberty fans would be a disappointment.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:It’s on a Sunday at 1:00pm, and it’s on TV. I think maybe 500 students, tops.
That timing is unfortunate. Don't students have the option of attending an early service on Sundays?

For the record, I think we should move discussion to the Radford game thread unless it is specifically referring back to the Asheville game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have been out of the loop on basketball, but I thought tournament was in Asheville, since they won regular season. Why is it now moved to Radford ? Who doesnhave facilities for a championship game.

Gate City has a kid going to Georgetown who is amazing. Plus you have Radford That is t really your run of the mill ‘high school game’. Any other year it wouldn’t be a problem.
But you’d just rather bit ch and complain so carry on
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
According to the local paper, they have given Scottie a new nickname: "King James." :shock: Play Basketball
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:According to the local paper, they have given Scottie a new nickname: "King James." :shock: Play Basketball
I'd say that one is taken, and it's really not a comparison you want to have to live up to.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]