If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Results from the first round: Longwood and Chuck South advance.
First Round complete: Longwood (68-55 over HPU) and Charleston Southern (68-51 over PC) advance to Thursday’s Quarterfinal Round in Asheville.
http://bigsouthsports.com/
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I think Radford will put a quick end to Longwood's "run", but Chucky South could be another matter. They are playing as well as anyone right now. I will not be shocked if UNCA gets knocked out in the quarters for the second year in a row. They had to go to overtime to beat CSU in the Bucdome 10 days ago, and that was with a healthy Ahmad Thomas playing all 45 minutes.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope UNCA gets beat.
Given a choice between playing UNCA at home or CSU on a neutral court, I would take the latter as well, but not by much. If they beat the Bulldogs, Chuck South will be on a serious roll.
By Have_a_Gansett_2011
I know it's not McKay's MO(2-4 in tourney), but I think I'd rather "get up" for a game than have to play the team on the emotional high like CSU. We've proven we can play with anyone, including beating UNCA. I just hope we can figure out Clemons and get a chance.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Given a choice between playing UNCA at home or CSU on a neutral court, I would take the latter as well, but not by much. If they beat the Bulldogs, Chuck South will be on a serious roll.
Yeah, not the kind of team you want to play in March: momentum w/ good experienced coaching.

Let’s just get by Campbell. I’ll be there!!
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
Thomas with the clincher with 10 seconds left, UNCA 71-66. CSU is going to be stout next season if the transfer bug stays away.

I was very proud of G-W's effort today. We've been playing an eight man rotation for most of the second half due to injuries. Very gritty. Looking forward to Gabe Bryant coming in and finally giving us a legit inside presence with Shirley the redshirt.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Can't watch the Rat-turd, Winthrop game on ESPN, due to a slow network or buffering. Is anyone else having the problem? I have never had problems streaming before.
By Class of 20Something
flameshaw wrote:Can't watch the Rat-turd, Winthrop game on ESPN, due to a slow network or buffering. Is anyone else having the problem? I have never had problems streaming before.
The LU game was unwatchable last night for me. Constant buffering. Did a speed test and everything, had to be an E!SPN issue.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Game streamed fine last night and tonight. The real myo is back. Cant hit anything near rim. Nobody is hitting any shots and were not capitalizing on unca over extending their d.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Just a brutal first half. Were so slow rotating on d that it alters our rebounding as well as defense. Virtually no way we win this game without a total 180 effort second half.

I sure hope newton and preston can help scottie rebound next year. We dont have anybody else that can rebound to save their life.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Horrible first half. How do you foul on a 3 point shot with less than 5 seconds in the half? Same garbage offense and poor rebounding. We drove the ball to the basket last night, now it looks like we are trying to see how far out we can shoot tonight.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Great come back and good adjustments at the half. (Didn't think that was possible, but glad I was wrong about that). We FINALLY started working the ball inside and getting better shots. Good defense really helped as well. Congrats to the coaches and players. Showed an amazing amount of heart and grit in the comeback.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Whale of a comeback! Finish it off tomorrow.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
LUminary wrote:Whale of a comeback! Finish it off tomorrow.
Oops. Sunday.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]