If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Welp, this should be a quick tournament for us. :(
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think we will win against Campbell simply because it's so hard to beat a team 3 times in one year.

Then we will lose to Ashville.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I would like to believe that they can't hit contested hand in your face threes against us 3 games in a row. I think the defense shows up and we get the W.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'd put the taller Cuffee and Williams on their two high-scoring guards. Play Basketball :nono
Last edited by Cider Jim on February 26th, 2018, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Went to a match up zone against High Point - could it be because we wanted to practice that for Campbell? I like that much better than the Pack Line AGAINST Campbell.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:Went to a match up zone against High Point - could it be because we wanted to practice that for Campbell? I like that much better than the Pack Line AGAINST Campbell.
No. If we don't beat High point we aren't playing Campbell. That move was to beat High Point, who also torched us from 3 the last time we played them. I expect us to do pretty much the same against the Camels. About a 50/50 mix of zone and pack line.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
prototype wrote:Went to a match up zone against High Point - could it be because we wanted to practice that for Campbell? I like that much better than the Pack Line AGAINST Campbell.
No. If we don't beat High point we aren't playing Campbell. That move was to beat High Point, who also torched us from 3 the last time we played them. I expect us to do pretty much the same against the Camels. About a 50/50 mix of zone and pack line.
OK - I like mixing up the defense a bit anyway. We have to take away the three from teams like Campbell or we lose every time.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Variation of the packline where Cuffee and Williams don’t help off the shooters much at all.

I like LU to advance to the semis. I will be there watching.Go Flames.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
As predicted here 8) Scottie was named 2nd team all-conference and Cuffee all-Freshman. Kemrite all-academic. First team was Cooks (POY), Clemens, Thomas, Teague and Polite.

Scottie's chances weren't helped by the fact that although he was by far the best % shooter in the league, he is not listed among the leaders because he did not meet the "criteria" by jacking up 300 shots. Doesn't matter apparently that he actually MADE more shots on his 255 attempts than 3 of the players who did. :roll: They aren't even consistent because for 3 point % the criteria is a minimum of 2.5 MAKES per game. Only 4 players qualified, not including the Broman brothers from WU, who both fell just short, and I believe would have been 1 and 2, with Kemrite in the mix as well.

Well, after further research, I was wrong about the minimum criteria for FG %. It is actually 5 makes per game, and Scottie's 154 FG in 31 games is ONE short. :roll: With one more make, he would be so far ahead that he could miss his next 45 shots and still lead the league in FG%.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Variation of the packline where Cuffee and Williams don’t help off the shooters much at all.

I like LU to advance to the semis. I will be there watching.Go Flames.
A lot of talk about Williams, who is actually only playing about 10 minutes a game since returning from his suspension. The job of contesting those shots will fall mostly on Cuffee, Cabbel (if he can go), Homesley and McDowell.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Williams is a great defender. Hoping he is back to 20+ minutes for the tournament. His emotional outbursts have been tamed, but not fixed.

Super homer of me here, but I think we are the favorites Thursday night.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Williams is a great defender. Hoping he is back to 20+ minutes for the tournament. His emotional outbursts have been tamed, but not fixed.

Super homer of me here, but I think we are the favorites Thursday night.
Great? Personally, I like to use that word a bit more selectively. He has shown some potential by being able to stick fairly well on the perimiter for a player his size.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Probably a little loose on the term great, I agree. I am thinking back to our first meeting with Winthrop how Williams was the difference in that game , shutting down Cooks.
By Didlibertywin
Who guards Clemons? So far, nothing has worked. I don't know anyone else who can drain 10 three pointers between the three point and half-court line. Our best shot is to get him in foul trouble like we did last week at Campbell and hope we can stop everyone else.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
I am not seeing our game listed on the watch ESPN app. Anyone else see it?
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Who came up with this schedule? Could they not have shifted everything an hour earlier?

:boring :boring :oldhag :oldhag
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote:I am not seeing our game listed on the watch ESPN app. Anyone else see it?
No, looking for it as well. The UNCA game was on.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Just popped up when i refreshed..
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Campbell 0-4 from behind the arc.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
We are playing well. Campbell is heating up. No scoring droughts this game fellas. Consistency. We got this.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Halftime score:

LU 37
CU 27

Clemens with ZERO 3-balls. :nono
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Scottie athletic early, we’re getting to the rim and finishing a little better than them. But oh boy if their #3 can get it going it will bring them right back into it. Nothing safe here.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]