If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Continuing with Myo in second half. Caleb’s 3’s haven’t been great offense, but it always looks better going in.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Good game on both ends of the court for us tonight. Not surprised to see us beat Campbell. I don't see us getting by UNCA though. I expect they will have some revenge on their mind for that OT game we stole from them at their place, a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully, we can catch them by surprise though. Would be a real good win for the program.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Liberty WINS! 73-59
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Liberty trailed only once tonight...2-0. And the last tie was I believe 8-8...Clemons got 23, but it took him 23 shots to get there.

Good win for the guys tonight. Not much time to rest on these laurels though...ours was the only game decides by double digits. We have to turn around quick to get ready for UNCA, who will be hungry after that loss a couple weeks ago as flameshaw astutely noted
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Is it astute to read a schedule page?

UNCA didn’t play well tonight. Poor offensive execution and shot selection down stretch.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Liberty trailed only once tonight...2-0. And the last tie was I believe 8-8...Clemons got 23, but it took him 23 shots to get there.

Good win for the guys tonight. Not much time to rest on these laurels though...ours was the only game decides by double digits. We have to turn around quick to get ready for UNCA, who will be hungry after that loss a couple weeks ago as flameshaw astutely noted
Based on the respective performances last night, it might be more appropriate to say that UNCA has to turn around quick to get ready for us. 8) I will agree that the Bulldogs should be highly motivated, having been outscored 15-0 in the last 5:02 of the game last go round.
By kingaling42
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:...

UNCA didn’t play well tonight. Poor offensive execution and shot selection down stretch.
You are correct and yet the Bulldogs managed to beat one of the hottest teams with Teague & Baehre sitting on the bench with 4 fouls most of the final 8 minutes.. I'd look for Teague to come out more aggressive this evening he scored a quiet 17 for us and then got into foul trouble in about 3 minutes of play.. James will look to come out and score LU's first 8-10 points like he did last time- I'm thinking the 'Dogs will look to concentrate on him early..
ballcoach15 wrote: I wish this game somewhere other than Asheville.
Always something negative to say about Asheville and/or the Bulldogs.. I don't remember kicking your dog- why so mad?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
kingaling42 wrote:

You are correct and yet the Bulldogs managed to beat one of the hottest teams with Teague & Baehre sitting on the bench with 4 fouls most of the final 8 minutes.. I'd look for Teague to come out more aggressive this evening he scored a quiet 17 for us and then got into foul trouble in about 3 minutes of play.. James will look to come out and score LU's first 8-10 points like he did last time- I'm thinking the 'Dogs will look to concentrate on him early..
Always something negative to say about Asheville and/or the Bulldogs.. I don't remember kicking your dog- why so mad?
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.". It's a rare day he has anything good to say about anything not Liberty or Bama.

For the record, is there a Burger King in Asheville? That's a big deal to ballcoach
By kingaling42
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
kingaling42 wrote:

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.". It's a rare day he has anything good to say about anything not Liberty or Bama.

For the record, is there a Burger King in Asheville? That's a big deal to ballcoach
There are a couple still in the area but they did tear down the one that was closest to campus years back... I can give directions if it'll help!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
kingaling42 wrote:
Ballcoach is an old Army guy who doesn't hike hipppies who have spent their lives bad mouthing their country. :nono
Plus, he thinks LU should host every Big South tournament, since we have the best facilities in the country, including multiple Burger Kings nearby. :fineprint
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’m speechless, BallCoach.

Kingaling, same thing happened again against LU. UNCA’s offense was so good and varied early. Late they got
Impatient and rushed outside shots.

Your #10 is a chippy player, btw. Just sayin. But your 25 and 14(?) are LEGIT!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
kingaling42 wrote:
Ballcoach is an old Army guy who doesn't hike hipppies who have spent their lives bad mouthing their country. :nono
Plus, he thinks LU should host every Big South tournament, since we have the best facilities in the country, including multiple Burger Kings nearby. :fineprint
I can only think of a BK on Campbell, Timberlake and by Glass. I wouldn’t call any of them ‘nearby’
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Isn't the Campbell Ave. BK just one exit east from LU? That's the one ballcoach goes to between games of a softball double header.

BTW, there is also a BK near my house in Forest in the Graves Mill Shopping Center, but that one is too far for you and ballcoach.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Isn't the Campbell Ave. BK just one exit east from LU? That's the one ballcoach goes to between games of a softball double header.

BTW, there is also a BK near my house in Forest in the Graves Mill Shopping Center, but that one is too far for you and ballcoach.
Forgot about that one in Forest. Probably because that’s where you rich people live :lol:

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm that[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]