If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Radford University
Radford, Virginia

RU Official Site

Mike Jones
7th Season as RU Head Coach

2017-2018 Schedule/Results
  • Overall ........ 17-12
    Big South .... 10-6
    Road ............ 5-10

• 11.10 - 7:00 P.M. - GEORGIA SOUTHWESTERN .................... W 72-63
    11.12 - 2:30 P.M. - @ OHIO STATE ......................................... L 72-82
    11.15 - 7:00 P.M. - @ EAST CAROLINA ................................... W 73-66
    11.22 - 7:00 P.M. - @ ELON ................................................... L 74-77
    11.25 - 4:00 P.M. - JMU ......................................................... W 69-68
    11.28 - 8:00 P.M. - @ VANDERBILT ......................................... L 62-74
    12.02 - 1:00 P.M. - @ VMI ...................................................... W 63-50
    12.06 - 6:00 P.M. - @ VIRGINIA TECH .................................... L 68-95
    12.09 - 4:00 P.M. - ERSKINE .................................................. W 76-49

CONTINENTAL TIRE LAS VEGAS CLASSIC
    12.17 - 5:30 P.M. - @ NEVADA ............................................... L 62-77
    12.19 - 10:00 P.M. - @ SAN FRANCISCO ............................... L 41-52
    12.22 - 3:00 P.M. - vs. NC A&T ............................................... W 66-60
    12.23 - 5:30 P.M. - vs. UC DAVIS ............................................ W 72-62 (OT)

12.30 - 4:00 P.M. - PRESBYTERIAN* ....................................... W 78-62
    01.03 - 7:00 P.M. - WINTHROP* ............................................. W 85-79
    01.06 - 4:00 P.M. - UNC ASHEVILLE* ...................................... W 90-70
    01.09 - 7:30 P.M. - @ CHARLESTON SOUTHERN* ................... W 64-61
    01.12 - 7:00 P.M. - @ GARDNER-WEBB* .................................. L 54-59
    01.15 - 7:00 P.M. - LIBERTY* ................................................... W 59-57
    01.18 - 7:00 P.M. - LONGWOOD* ............................................ W 70-63
    01.21 - 2:00 P.M. - @ CAMPBELL* ........................................... L 56-59
    01.24 - 7:00 P.M. - @ HIGH POINT* ......................................... W 78-76
    01.27 - 2:00 P.M. - CHARLESTON SOUTHERN* ........................ L 81-84 (OT)
    02.01 - 7:00 P.M. - GARDNER-WEBB* ...................................... W 70-66
    02.03 - 2:00 P.M. - @ WINTHROP* .......................................... L 57-75
    02.07 - 7:00 P.M. - HIGH POINT* ............................................. L 60-61
    02.10 - 2:00 P.M. - @ UNC ASHEVILLE ..................................... L 64-66
    02.15 - 9:00 P.M. - CAMPBELL* ................................................ W 72-53
    02.13 - 3:00 P.M. - PRESBYTERIAN* ......................................... W 74-68
    02.22 - 7:00 P.M. - LIBERTY*
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:A lot of very close BSC losses.
Most of their wins have been close too. only real blowout was over UNCA at Dedmon. Most of our recent games with them have been squeakers as well.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I've just been able to turn this on and free throws were being shot by Radford and I had to immediately mute it

I blame McCraken for poor attendance. That would drive me crazy if I couldn't get away from it.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Same old garbage, forcing up very poor shots. Gotta give the boys some credit, we are trying to get the ball to the hoop, but Radford is just swatting the ball back in our faces. Poor offensive production thus far.
Last edited by flameshaw on February 22nd, 2018, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote:I've just been able to turn this on and free throws were being shot by Radford and I had to immediately mute it

I blame McCraken for poor attendance. That would drive me crazy if I couldn't get away from it.
I do not think it’s all on McCracken honestly. Maybe for those who are not students.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
One of our guys put up a 3 and LITERALLY, all 5 Radford players were fighting for the rebound and not one LU player on the TV screen. Kinda embarrassing. I'm out.
Last edited by flameshaw on February 22nd, 2018, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By cruzan_flame13
If LU keep playing like this, this game will be Radfords. I see Radford’s players working hard to get the ball; even diving for it during this second half. Just have to see what happens in the next 5 minutes.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
thepostman wrote:I've just been able to turn this on and free throws were being shot by Radford and I had to immediately mute it

I do not think it’s all on McCracken honestly. Maybe for those who are not students.
Well it obviously is because we haven't continuously won this year but having that guy screaming like an idiot every free throw certainly doesn't help things.

The passion from this group just isn't there anymore for some reason. I can't quite figure it out but it isn't the same team I saw the first half of the season. They weren't perfect but they at least had some fight.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
So. If mckay signed a 5 year deal then this would be the typical year to extend. I would hope weve learned from layer and have seen this terrible conference performance. No matter what happens i would absolutely not extend mckay.

Next year is setting up to be very big for mckay. I would argue weve taken a big step back this year. Next year there is no excuse not to be top 2 with cooks polite and ahmad thomas all graduating.
Last edited by jinxy on February 22nd, 2018, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Not going to win many games scoring 18 points in a half. Those offensive rebounds must not be worth fighting for with scoring ability like that either. :roll:
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
This team has lost it's focus. The substitution patterns feel like early season when you are trying to get your chemistry right. I don't blame coach but something is clearly not right in this locker room.
This team is talented enough to win the tournament but they are in a funk. Expect an early tournament exit and some unscheduled departures at the end of the season.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
:lol: Interesting... we sit someone on the bench and start performing, then they return and we start sucking. They seem very tentative about going hard to the hoop. Radford seemed to push into the lane with every chance- we had about 5 fouls in a row when they were doing that.
On the other hand, I saw Polite in the circle praying after the game and I got over the loss. :lol:
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Pretty frustrating when we can go out and beat wake forest and should have beat Houston who is ranked 23rd right now but are middle of the pack in the Big South... major disappointment.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Probably most disappointing loss of season, and maybe in history of the school. Liberty should never lose to Radford (in any sport), truth be known.
18 points in a half ? Heck there are basketball games in which an individual player scores 18 points in a half.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Uhhhh Beavis, we’re like, sick or something.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Probably most disappointing loss of season, and maybe in history of the school.
Ole ballcoach can preach some hyperbole. :brownbag
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Probably most disappointing loss of season, and maybe in history of the school.
Ole ballcoach can preach some hyperbole. :brownbag
At least the worst since ... Longwood here at home? Last month.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]