If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
David Ware
6' 4" 185 lbs Combo Guard
Milford (VA) Caroline HS
AAU: LBA Attack

PrepHoops Profile

Hudl Profile

Fredericksburg.com wrote:The Cougars geared their defense to stop Caroline senior standout forward David Ware. Ware scored 18 points and pulled down 10 rebounds with Liberty University head coach Ritchie McKay on hand to scout him.
Click Here for Full Story

He apparently is a late bloomer who has a hot hand right now ...
Fredericksburg.com wrote:High school basketball: Caroline's David Ware enters record book with 51-point outburst

By JOEY LoMONACO THE FREE LANCE–STAR Jan 28, 2018

David Ware isn’t keen on long-range introductions to the stat sheet. The Caroline senior prefers to announce his presence in the paint and expand his shot selection from there.

“I try to start with scoring inside out,” he explained, “so I can get used to seeing the ball go through the net.”

Ware didn’t lack for visual feedback on Friday. He poured in a school-record 51 points in the Cavaliers’ 94-74 victory at King George—netting his 1,000th career point moments into the second half.

Ware’s 51 points are the most for an area boys player in at least a decade, topping former Colonial Beach standout T.T. Carey, who erupted for 46 in a 2009 regional playoff contest against Surry. James Monroe sophomore Michael Gray and Foxes senior Jaylen Stepney have also eclipsed the 40-point mark this season.
Click Here for Full Story
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:I'm guessing that we still have an open scholarship available?
If we assume every scholarship player with eligibility remaining after this year is returning, we do not. The fact that we are looking at 2018 prospects is a good indication that is not going to happen. I can easily see us having 2 available with a suspended player's status in question and a redshirt JR who will almost certainly graduate and has very limited prospects for PT next year if he returns.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Agreed not sure i would use it another 6 4 combo guard. It would appear to me the guard minutes are all locked up for the next 2 years at least maybe longer if mcghee is as good as advertised and if price amounts to anything.

Id love to find a williams type kid that can score a little better than isaiah.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I have no idea if we will offer Ware a scholarship or not, but when a local kid puts up 51 points in a 32 minute HS game, I'm happy to see that we showed up to check him out.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]