If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By CapnMac
Playing a zone defense is new for me, have we done that at all this season before now?
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Liberty wins 77-61.
By CapnMac
I believe the broadcast said this was the first season sweep of Winthrop since 03-04?
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
That was just absolute domination. We were hitting 3s. And they were not. Seems to be the keys to victory.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Also, Cooks is a bit of a diva.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The Jokers stepped it up a notch with a blowup poster of Kelsey posing with the UMass mascot and AD. Nice. :flamingdevil :clapping
By Jonathan Carone
olldflame wrote:The Jokers stepped it up a notch with a blowup poster of Kelsey posing with the UMass mascot and AD. Nice. :flamingdevil :clapping
That made me happy. Basketball has the unique opportunity to do things like that in a way football doesn't.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
CapnMac wrote:Playing a zone defense is new for me, have we done that at all this season before now?
Since McKay came back. We run the Pack Line Defense. Same defense that UVa runs.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:
CapnMac wrote:Playing a zone defense is new for me, have we done that at all this season before now?
Since McKay came back. We run the Pack Line Defense. Same defense that UVa runs.
I wonder when is the last time a Bennett team played zone? I'm actually happy to see Ritchie showed a bit of pragmatic flexibility. We don't have the athletes UVA has, and mixing in just a touch of zone may help keep our opponents off balance a bit. I think it definitely threw Winthrop for a loop early.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
prototype wrote:
I wonder when is the last time a Bennett team played zone? I'm actually happy to see Ritchie showed a bit of pragmatic flexibility. We don't have the athletes UVA has, and mixing in just a touch of zone may help keep our opponents off balance a bit. I think it definitely threw Winthrop for a loop early.
We definitely look lost in our rotations. I think we're farther behind in understanding, I guess you can say in running the pack line.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:
We definitely look lost in our rotations. I think we're farther behind in understanding, I guess you can say in running the pack line.
We played the pack line over 90% of the game against Winthrop and held the hottest team in the league 20 points under their average. The zone was just something to give them another look for a few possessions. We're not at UVA level with it for sure, but IMHO progress continues. The struggles during the losing streak were largely due to illness and injury.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]