If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Honestly I’ve heard worst. It comes with the game and works in many ways. I understand why it would be annoying, but you can’t stop people that committed(unless security removes a person). Honestly, it would be great if we had more people who were half as committed as McCracken.
I'm a big fan of McCracken. I even helped him escape from his box when one of the away trainers taped him shut inside his box with medical tape.

On the streaming game today, the Big South announcers were even discussing the noise.
Announcer #1: "Is that a horn?"
Announcer #2: "No, that's somebody!"

Keep that human siren going, McCracken!
By CapnMac
I love the passion. He's there and fired up every game that I can remember since I got here 5 years ago. I think its great hearing him yelling on every broadcast that I watch. I wish that there were more students that cared half as much as he does.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Sometimes I am really proud we have a fan like that, other times it makes games on TV unwatchable. #LoveHate would be a very accurate hashtag regarding my feelings on Mccracken.
alabama24 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:one of the away trainers taped him shut inside his box with medical tape.
hmm. That gives me an idea. :lol:
If it doesn't included taping him up until the first opposing ft and screaming "Release the McCracken" you're wrong.
TDDance234 wrote:There's so little passion around the program - why mute what does exist?
Exactly! I respect McCracken for his commitment to his school. If one ears are bothered, wear ear plugs. That commitment could definitely mean something to a player if it hasn't already.
We went to the Presby game with my wife, kids, and another couple. Both wives stated they would not be back if he was there. I think it may be reaching a point where it's becoming an annoyance and keeping people away.
Kolzilla41 wrote:We went to the Presby game with my wife, kids, and another couple. Both wives stated they would not be back if he was there. I think it may be reaching a point where it's becoming an annoyance and keeping people away.
This is why I say I wish he could channel the passion into a way that brought other people in as opposed to driving them away. Or that there were other fans who would choose to join up with him and give him an outlet to do something other than the scream. If we had that then you could legitimately Release The Cracken at big moments and it would mean something.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
He could do a "Wild Bill Hagy" (Orioles) and do like the YMCA sign but do F-L-A-M-E-S during timeouts, or at critical moments in the game. He should keep the face paint and the blond wig. But Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee . . . no!
Have Jerry's Jokers ever thought of teaming up with McCracken?
Cider Jim wrote:Have Jerry's Jokers ever thought of teaming up with McCracken?
I think the better question may be has JJ considered teaming with the Jokers. Perhaps someone he knows and respects should ask him. 8) I concur that his enthusiasm is great, but he could show it in other ways. It looks like it is reaching the point where the siren noise is annoying other Liberty supporters as much or more than our opponents. They are totally prepared for it and I think the premise of it distracting free throw shooters is questionable at this point.
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]