If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
First of all. Mckay has had no answer for unca. I believe thats 0 and 6 with 4 20 pt losess. I didnt bother watching knowing that they own mckay and how bad were playing. Williams is suspended now. This thing could get layer ugly if it keeps going.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:If I were AD, first thing I would do is change our game day operations pertaining to the "noise" from PA system. It's more of a circus atmosphere than an athletic event. This goes for all sports.
Dang kids and their boom boom boom music!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Troll all we want they killed us....yet again. The music is wretched for football and only slightly better for basketball. Ive been to jmu richmond william and mary coastal nc state uva vt clemson ga state unc and wake for football and our song selection and filler noise is the worst ive seen. To me college football should be about the band mixed with a couple current hits per qtr and some classics mixed in. Of course our band stinks so i get that but im pretty frustrated with the entire direction of athletics from performance to game day etc. my entire group says the same thing and were late 20s early 30s. Anybody else i bring on a 1 off basis is always surprised by how much crap we play too.

Baseball is better other than an awful song they play at the beginning year before last that was unbearably loud. They only broke it out for the big games. :roll:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:My rule of thumb is if it is annoying ballcoach then it's fine.
That’s a solid rule of thumb right there
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In my lifetime, I have been a player, coach, umpire, basketball official and fan involved with football, basketball, softball and baseball. I have yet to figure out why during every stoppage of play, the PA system has to make excessively loud noise. It's this way at most every NCAA athletic event. Some schools are worse than others. Why so loud ? It was so loud today I could not hear Cider and TF talk.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:In my lifetime, I have been a player, coach, umpire, basketball official and fan involved with football, basketball, softball and baseball. I have yet to figure out why during every stoppage of play, the PA system has to make excessively loud noise. It's this way at most every NCAA athletic event. Some schools are worse than others. Why so loud ? It was so loud today I could not hear Cider and TF talk.
So you have never been involved with Sport Management.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Only at high school level. And I never played music other than national anthem. If I were in charge of NCAA, I would ban music once game started. Except for bands. I wish someone could tell me why crappy music has to be played during time outs, or stoppage of play. Heck in softball and baseball they play it between batters, and sometimes between pitches.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I was surprised that the instant replay on the big screen showed a UNCA guy dunking on us 3 times. I didn't like seeing it in real time, and I really hated seeing it 3 more times on instant replay. Can't we show a Scottie James dunk instead?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Only at high school level. And I never played music other than national anthem. If I were in charge of NCAA, I would ban music once game started. Except for bands. I wish someone could tell me why crappy music has to be played during time outs, or stoppage of play. Heck in softball and baseball they play it between batters, and sometimes between pitches.
As bad as our teams are, you have to provide some kind of distraction.
As someone else said, our band isn't very good either. Maybe we should just pipe in "Fight On" during our football games. At least we can have some good music to listen to, and think we are big time, as we are getting out butts kicked by St. Francis. smh.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I was surprised that the instant replay on the big screen showed a UNCA guy dunking on us 3 times. I didn't like seeing it in real time, and I really hated seeing it 3 more times on instant replay. Can't we show a Scottie James dunk instead?
This game was not an LFSN operation, rather it was Raycom Sports. Not sure if that affected what was seen on replay but my guess it may have been.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Maybe that explains it. The UNCA fans sitting behind me sure loved the dunk replays! :pbjtime
Last edited by Cider Jim on January 22nd, 2018, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The Williams suspension sounds "puzzling".

This game was the only LU game I have watched, in which I felt we had no chance of winning, once we fell behind 5-0, and LU calls time out less than a minute into game.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So glad Vanetta is finally a Senior. He has been killing us for 4 years, but it seems more like 6. Same with Thomas, but he pretty much kills everyone. Vanetta seems to save it for us.

Pure speculation, but based on what Ritchie said, I am thinking the Williams suspension is an attitude issue. His minutes are down, and he probably has not responded to it the way coach expects.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I've been to baseball games, football games, and shows at the Tower Theater.

But the only place where I think the PA system is too loud is at hockey games at the League. The PA there hurts the ears!!
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Lehaye. Sorry auto correct.
Also been to basketball at the Vines. That's fine. Lehaye is the only place where it is ear splitting. But I still go!!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]