If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
High Point University
High Point, North Carolina

HPU Official Site

Scott Cherry
9th Season as HPU Head Coach

2016-2017 Schedule/Results
  • Overall ....... 8-9
    Big South ... 3-3
    Home ......... 7-1

• 11/10 - William & Mary .................................... W 100-66
    11/14 - @ Tennessee ......................................... L 53-84
    11/18 - The Citadel ............................................ L 77-79
    11/21 - Methodist ............................................. W 99-63
    11/24 - @ Charlotte ........................................... L 67-70
    11/28 - @ Pittsburgh ......................................... L 63-71
    12/01 - Johnson & Wales .................................. W 90-54
    12/04 - @ College of Charleston ......................... L 58-70
    12/10 - Toccoa Falls ........................................... W 110-39
    12/17 - vs. Wofford in Asheville, NC .................... L 57-70
    12/19 - @ Western Carolina ............................... W 72-61
    12/30 - @ Winthrop* .......................................... L 60-76
    01/03 - UNC Asheville* ...................................... W 84-74
    01/06 - Charleston Southern* ............................ W 80-59
    01/09 - @ Gardner-Webb* .................................. L 45-62
    01/12 - @ Campbell* .......................................... L 64-65
    01/15 - Presbyterian* ........................................ W 73-49
    01/18 - Liberty* ................................................. 7:00 p.m.

Top Players
    #1 Brandonn Kamga
    6' 5" 217 lbs Sophomore Guard - Northeastern Transfer
    Thru 17 Games: Averaging 10.8 Pts, 3.8 Rebs & 1.6 Assists + 36.4% (8-of-22) on 3-Pt Attempts

#13 Jahaad Proctor
    6' 3" 205 lbs Sophomore Guard - Iona Transfer
    In 12 Games: Averaging 16.2 Pts, 4.0 Rebs & 3.3 Assists + 41.5% (27-of-65) on 3-Pt Attempts

#22 Andre Fox
    6' 4" 185 lbs Junior Guard
    Thru 17 Games: Averaging 17.3 Pts, 4.8 Rebs & 1.5 Assists + 50.7% (36-of-71) on 3-Pt Attempts
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Take a look at that schedule and it is apparent they are a hot & cold team. None of their wins was closer than ten points and most were blowouts. On the other hand ....
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
I feel like this is a must win for this team. I know McKay is great at navigating the ups and downs but a win over a team they "should" beat would be good for the team and fans.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Who is this Big South announcer? He sounds like Louis Armstrong. :shock:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU up by 10 at the half, 35-25, but HPU is fighting back in the second half. So far, Baxter-Bell is a beast in the paint, scoring 15 points.
By cruzan_flame13
Do you think this season’s non conference schedule was easier than it should’ve been? That being said, this game was rough and it’s hard to watch.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Bottom line is we suck. We are not a very good team, we look lost out there. Man-bunn has regressed. Baxter-Bell was unstoppable the first half, pretty much invisible the second half (at least the part I watched). We seem to be getting worse each time out, not better. Hard to figure out how we lose to teams like this. To me, anything more than 2 losses in the BSC regular season is not acceptable. Every team is going to have an off day now and then. smh.
By PAFlame
Thought this would be the bounceback game. Really didn’t like what I saw tonight and we actually look like we have regressed.
By cruzan_flame13
flameshaw wrote:Bottom line is we suck. We are not a very good team, we look lost out there. Man-bunn has regressed. Baxter-Bell was unstoppable the first half, pretty much invisible the second half (at least the part I watched). We seem to be getting worse each time out, not better. Hard to figure out how we lose to teams like this. To me, anything more than 2 losses in the BSC regular season is not acceptable. Every team is going to have an off day now and then. smh.
With all the money Liberty is putting in these programs, it’s just pathetic how the teams are playing. Since we’re on topic about this game, the team did look lost and the chemistry didn’t last long. As one person stated on ASOR’s tweet, “Is the Big South getting better, or is [the Flames] getting worst”? It could sound crazy, but this game surely making that statement sound valid.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
We know they can beat anybody but there is no chance they can string together enough games in a row to win a tournament. So, I dont know where that leaves us... optimistic on any given day but hopeless on the season as a whole?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If my memory is correct, this is the 3rd straight game in which we have folded in second half. Apparently teams are making halftime adjustments and we cannot counter them.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Liberty athletics....one over hyped sport to the next.

Liberty athletics...doing less with more since 2010!

How many cabbil air balls at the end 4??

the 2nd half was about as sorry as you can play basketball in all facets. If we coach offense..it sure doesnt show.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Liberty athletics....one over hyped sport to the next.

Liberty athletics...doing less with more since 2010!

How many cabbil air balls at the end 4??

the 2nd half was about as sorry as you can play basketball in all facets. If we coach offense..it sure doesnt show.
Agree 100%, especially the first two points. IM has his work cut out for him, for sure.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Apparently we cannot beat a press. We should have picked up on their press from scouting reports, and been prepared for it.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
This has to be something - we can't hold a lead... Do we slow down our offense trying to run the clock or are we really just chocking every game? We cannot defend the three in the second half. Why?
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
I continue to put this on the mental toughness side. We just don't stay focused for the full 40. Offensively, we give up on running the O. We start too late in possessions and can't penetrate consistently. I am not sure what has happened to our shooters. We may need to add a psyche guy to our staff.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]