If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Radford University
Radford, Virginia

RU Official Site

Mike Jones
7th Season as RU Head Coach

2017-2018 Schedule/Results
  • Overall ........ 11-7
    Big South ...... 4-1
    Home ............ 5-0

• 11.10 - 7:00 P.M. - GEORGIA SOUTHWESTERN .................... W 72-63
    11.12 - 2:30 P.M. - @ OHIO STATE ......................................... L 72-82
    11.15 - 7:00 P.M. - @ EAST CAROLINA ................................... W 73-66
    11.22 - 7:00 P.M. - @ ELON ................................................... L 74-77
    11.25 - 4:00 P.M. - JMU ......................................................... W 69-68
    11.28 - 8:00 P.M. - @ VANDERBILT ......................................... L 62-74
    12.02 - 1:00 P.M. - @ VMI ...................................................... W 63-50
    12.06 - 6:00 P.M. - @ VIRGINIA TECH .................................... L 68-95
    12.09 - 4:00 P.M. - ERSKINE .................................................. W 76-49

CONTINENTAL TIRE LAS VEGAS CLASSIC
    12.17 - 5:30 P.M. - @ NEVADA ............................................... L 62-77
    12.19 - 10:00 P.M. - @ SAN FRANCISCO ............................... L 41-52
    12.22 - 3:00 P.M. - vs. NC A&T ............................................... W 66-60
    12.23 - 5:30 P.M. - vs. UC DAVIS ............................................ W 72-62 (OT)

12.30 - 4:00 P.M. - PRESBYTERIAN* ....................................... W 78-62
    01.03 - 7:00 P.M. - WINTHROP* ............................................. W 85-79
    01.06 - 4:00 P.M. - UNC ASHEVILLE* ...................................... W 90-70
    01.09 - 7:30 P.M. - @ CHARLESTON SOUTHERN* ................... W 64-61
    01.12 - 7:00 P.M. - @ GARDNER-WEBB* .................................. L 54-59
    01.15 - 7:00 P.M. - LIBERTY*
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Bad news: This team can lose to anybody.

Good news: This team can beat anybody.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Whatever Coach McKay did in practice since Friday, it's working! LU up by 7 at the half against Radford, 25-18. :shock:

Also, the game is televised regionally on MASN (channel 432 on DishNetwork).
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Clutch shot. Need this one.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
What a dissappointing start to conference play. Our offense is flat out unwatchable. Every aspect of it is in shambles. Once again, you wonder why people dont come out.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
PAFlame wrote:You can have small gyms that are good atmosphere and well-kept, but the Dedmon Center is a dump.
Uh... they won. I think that’s what matters most.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Very bad offensive performance. Scoring in the 50s will not win many games. We need to score 70-80 points every game.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Were going to hover around 500. There just isnt enough offense. Losing gardner hurt more than anyone wanted to acknowledge. Its just so boring watching us on offense. Total opposite from mckays first stint.

Lu doing less with more since 2010. That should the slogan of the department.
By cruzan_flame13
Not going to lie, a game like tonight is very frustrating. I know some folks here in the forum will defend the team, but this is unacceptable. Even McKay was showing that by his mannerism. It look like some of these guys are just good at fouling and giving the opponent rebounds. I’m not going to say it’s all over, however these boys can’t continue conference play like this.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Very bad offensive performance. Scoring in the 50s will not win many games. We need to score 70-80 points every game.
Actually LU needs to score only in the low 60’s to win with their style of play.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Not going to lie, a game like tonight is very frustrating. I know some folks here in the forum will defend the team, but this is unacceptable. Even McKay was showing that by his mannerism. It look like some of these guys are just good at fouling and giving the opponent rebounds. I’m not going to say it’s all over, however these boys can’t continue conference play like this.
So, on the street you are cruzan around on, losing by 2 points in OT on the road to the first place team in the conference is "unacceptable"? I think I would prefer an alternate route.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Not going to lie, a game like tonight is very frustrating. I know some folks here in the forum will defend the team, but this is unacceptable. Even McKay was showing that by his mannerism. It look like some of these guys are just good at fouling and giving the opponent rebounds. I’m not going to say it’s all over, however these boys can’t continue conference play like this.
So, on the street you are cruzan around on, losing by 2 points in OT on the road to the first place team in the conference is "unacceptable"? I think I would prefer an alternate route.
Well he’s only 13.....
By cruzan_flame13
olldflame wrote:
I’m not talking about the final score, but how some of the players on the team were playing. As I said, some of those fouls that we gave Radford was unnecessary. Yet you just assume I was frustrated by LU losing by 2 points. Also, the cruzan reference is a not a good one. Stick to just talking sports old flame lol.
Last edited by cruzan_flame13 on January 15th, 2018, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By cruzan_flame13
PH, you should not talk about anyone being 13 years old on this forum. But then again, I’m not really surprised. Carry on with your adolescent behavior.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:PH, you should not talk about anyone being 13 years old on this forum. But then again, I’m not really surprised. Carry on with your adolescent behavior.
The gentleman doth protest too much
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Doesn't the saying go, "defense wins championships but offense wins games"?

We need to figure out the offensive side of the ball. It's fjecsame problem UVA has. So much time goes into focusing on the pack line that the offense struggles. I am hopeful we can turn this around. There is still time but it's frustrating.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Losing to Longwood and Radford feels almost like we lost to EC. Glass and Brookville. We should beat those schools.

Basketball is an offensive game. If you get a stop on defensive end, you still need to score on other end. I think we focus too much on defense and not enough on offense. This probably starts in practice and carries over into the game. In baseball you can win with good pitching, but basketball is another story.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]