If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Chippy wrote:
olldflame wrote:Disappointing. 4-22 from 3 will not get it done. Strange situation with Cabbel, who looks the part of a defensive stopper and has that reputation, but 3 times this year his man has gone off for a career game.
My thoughts exactly. Why not play deny defense. This guy should have never touched the ball after making those 4 straight 3s.
You don't play to deny on the perimeter in the pack line. If you execute it properly, you can still close out and defend against a hot shooter, but we are not quite there yet. In any event, it was woeful shooting, not bad defense, that cost us this one.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Chippy wrote:
olldflame wrote:Disappointing. 4-22 from 3 will not get it done. Strange situation with Cabbel, who looks the part of a defensive stopper and has that reputation, but 3 times this year his man has gone off for a career game.
My thoughts exactly. Why not play deny defense. This guy should have never touched the ball after making those 4 straight 3s.
You don't play to deny on the perimeter in the pack line. If you execute it properly, you can still close out and defend against a hot shooter, but we are not quite there yet. In any event, it was woeful shooting, not bad defense, that cost us this one.
The problem is the "hot shooter" already has the ball in his hands and we've seen tonight and the UNCG guy especially who lit us up for 36 points including 3 pointers at the end of regulation and the first OT and then taking the last (winning) shot in the 3rd OT. The let him get the inbound pass and he just drove to the hoop. Why let him even touch the ball?
ballcoach15 wrote:58-55, that's a high school game score. I know nothing about GW, but when I looked at their schedule/scores, I saw that they had given up a lot of points. I figured we'd score between 75 and 90.

For whatever the reason, we did not "come out of locker room ready to play". Not going to beat many teams scoring 55 points.
UVA games are usually in the 50’s and 60’s
Not gonna lie, disappointing loss. But I do believe there is more disappointment in our boys than on this board. They genuinely want to do great things on the court this year and they are working hard.

Shooting woes happen that is the game of basketball. But, 55 points is also a head-scratcher for this team against G-Webb. Tip my hat to G-Webb they came ready to play and finish the game. It is a long season and my expectations are still high for this group!
We don't really have a good, solid, consistent, perimeter shooter. Kemrite is extremely streaky. A lot of other guys can as well, but not consistent. Didn't see the game, Pacheco has a tendency to want to be the hero, as someone already stated, and takes some horrible shots. He needs to be focused more on distributing the ball as a first option.
Not surprised particularly, that we lost this game. Having played so many cupcakes, doesn't really get you ready for conference play. Like the football team beating Baylor, the worst thing that may have happened so far this year, is beating WF, out of the gate. smh.
ballcoach15 wrote:Apparently we did not have a scouting report on that guy hitting those 3s.
Do you know that for a fact or are you just pulling that out of your Tater hole? Or your ‘Source’? Players can get hot. Unexpected players can have a good game. Good players can have good games. They held GW to 58 points. That’s pretty good. What is glaringly obvious is the poor shooting percentage. But I’m sure the players just missed those on purpose :roll:
The good news is that we held their leading scorer Efianayi (17 ppg) to 6 only points.

The bad news is that O'Reilley (12 ppg) had a career night with 27 points.
It was a bad shooting night, which happens, but i thought our effort and aggressiveness was missing which is just pure heart and want to. We need to get that back. We are a good free throw team which can offset a bad night but don't maximize that by getting to the basket.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]