If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Fort Wayne Hoops Official Site

Founded in 1964
Public University
Enrollment: 13,459
In July 2018 the school will be renamed Purdue University-Ft. Wayne
Nickname: Mastodons
Athletic Conference: Summit League

Jon Coffman
4th Season as IPFW Head Coach

2017-2018 Schedule/Results
  • NOV 10 - 7 P.M. - @ OAKLAND ...................................... L 71-85
    NOV 12 - 4:30 P.M. - DEFIANCE .................................... W 114-59

ADOLPH RUPP CLASSIC
    NOV 15 - 7 P.M. - DELAWARE STATE ............................. W 85-71
    NOV 18 - 4 P.M. - @ UIC ............................................... W 67-51
    NOV 22 - 8 P.M. - @ KENTUCKY .................................... L 67-86
    NOV 25 - 4 P.M. - @ EAST TENNESSEE STATE ............. L 73-83
    NOV 28 - 7 P.M. - DETROIT MERCY ............................... W 91-82
    NOV 30 - 7 P.M. - IU KOKOMO ...................................... W 99-63
    DEC 03 - 2 P.M. - SIU-EDWARDSVILLE .......................... W 86-71
    DEC 06 - 7 P.M. - @ AKRON ........................................... L 79-83
    DEC 09 - 1 P.M. - @ MIAMI (OH) .................................... L 73-81
    DEC 16 - 2 P.M. - STETSON ........................................... W 88-84
    DEC 18 - 8 P.M. - @ INDIANA ........................................

NEW ORLEANS CLASSIC
    DEC 21 - 11 A.M. - VS LIBERTY
    DEC 22 - 1 OR 3 P.M. - VS LOUISIANA TECH OR ALABAMA STATE

Key Player
    #1 Bryson Scott
    6' 1" 210 lbs Senior Guard - Purdue Transfer
    Thru 12 Games: Averaging 22.8 Pts, 5.0 Rebs, 2.9 Assists & 2.2 Steals
Ballcoach, Purple is an Indiana boy.
I'm in Bloomington right now visiting family for the holidays and just watched Ft Wayne beat the Hoosiers by 20. They shot lights out from 3, and forced a lot of turnovers. IU was coming off an emotional win over ND, and were clearly lethargic, but if the Mastadons shoot like that against us, we are in trouble. IU is playing the Pack Line D now with Archie Miller coaching, and they are new to it, which was part of why IPFW got so many good looks.
olldflame wrote:I'm in Bloomington right now visiting family for the holidays and just watched Ft Wayne beat the Hoosiers by 20. They shot lights out from 3, and forced a lot of turnovers. IU was coming off an emotional win over ND, and were clearly lethargic, but if the Mastadons shoot like that against us, we are in trouble. IU is playing the Pack Line D now with Archie Miller coaching, and they are new to it, which was part of why IPFW got so many good looks.
I was so not thrilled about th e Archie Miller hire. But I’m happy The Dons took out IU again
This is a tough match up for us. These guys can shoot. 17 made three pointers will take us down too. It is just one of those teams built to beat a pack line.
I will be thrilled to get by this game with a W.
Liberty22 wrote:Just not good enough yet to win against really good teams. Maybe next year.
Fort Wayne is not a really good team. They beat some very weak competition and had the game of their lives against IU. Delaware State and Stetson are really bad teams as are the D2 teams they played. Akron has a new coach and the old coach took some very good players with him to Duquesne and their two best players from last year graduated and yet they still beat Ft.W. We got into early foul trouble and B-B got injured early in the 1st half and the team didn't rise to the occasion, hence 47 1st half points. Hard to recover giving the opposition a 20 point head start.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:So you’re saying we’re not good enough to beat bad teams?
I'm saying Ft. W is not a "really" good team as mentioned by another poster but I would say they are a good team, especially in the last couple of years. Our talent level is such that we have to play nearly flawless to beat really good/good teams. Today we did not play flawless - 18 turnovers and foul trouble. Maybe in a 5 game playoff we win 3, maybe Play Basketball
Chippy wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:Just not good enough yet to win against really good teams. Maybe next year.
Fort Wayne is not a really good team. They beat some very weak competition and had the game of their lives against IU. Delaware State and Stetson are really bad teams as are the D2 teams they played. Akron has a new coach and the old coach took some very good players with him to Duquesne and their two best players from last year graduated and yet they still beat Ft.W. We got into early foul trouble and B-B got injured early in the 1st half and the team didn't rise to the occasion, hence 47 1st half points. Hard to recover giving the opposition a 20 point head start.
So they had the game of their lives two years in a row? They beat IU last year as well. They are better than you give them credit for.
Purple Haize wrote:I’m happy for The ‘Dons
Coach McKay called them a "really good team," but we out scored them in the second half. Play Basketball
ballcoach15 wrote:Maybe, our worst effort of the season. We should have beat that team.
And you base that on what? Ft Wayne made easy work of Indiana in Bloomington just a few days earlier. I was at the game. They are legit.
olldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Maybe, our worst effort of the season. We should have beat that team.
And you base that on what? Ft Wayne made easy work of Indiana in Bloomington just a few days earlier. I was at the game. They are legit.
The voices in his head and the unicorn in his front yard
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]