If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Kentucky Christian University
Grayson, Kentucky

KCU Hoops Official Site

Akeem Scott
1st Season as KCU Head Coach

2017-2018 Schedule/Results
  • Oct 31 7:00 PM - @ Tennessee Wesleyan L-95-106
    Nov 03 8:00 PM - Hiwassee College L-97-106
    Nov 04 3:00 PM - Pensacola Christian W-126-87
    Nov 07 8:00 PM - @ Alice Lloyd College L-96-113
    Nov 09 7:00 PM - Cincinnati Christian University W-85-83
    Nov 11 2:00 PM - @ West Virginia Tech L-82-97
    Nov 14 8:00 PM - Midway University W-102-69
    Nov 17 4:00 PM - @ Alice Lloyd College L-97-111
    Nov 18 6:00 PM - @ Asbury University L-87-93
    Nov 21 7:00 PM - @ Cincinnati Christian University L-85-93
    Nov 28 7:00 PM - Welch College W-93-74
    Nov 30 8:00 PM - Grace Bible College* L-90-91
    Dec 01 8:00 PM - Carolina Christian College W-103-81
    Dec 02 4:00 PM - Johnson University* W-111-106
    Dec 05 7:30 PM - @ Midway University W-82-80
    Dec 07 7:00 PM - Berea College W-91-89 (OT)
    Dec 12 11:00 AM - @ Morehead State Morehead, KY
    Dec 16 2:00 PM - @ Liberty

Key Player
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Apparently they play up tempo. And I could have sworn someone told me Alice Lloyd had closed
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I grew up about a half hour or so away from this school near where Phoenix currently lives. And I had never heard of this college even when we drove through Grayson. But apparently Audio Adrenaline came out of this place.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, it's half an hour west of Huntington, WV (Go Herd!), and I used to drive througth Grayson on my way to Chattanooga when I was in college.

Isn't Kentucky Christian the school that the Frazee triplet's brother played for years ago?
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I grew up about a half hour or so away from this school near where Phoenix currently lives. And I had never heard of this college even when we drove through Grayson. But apparently Audio Adrenaline came out of this place.
Yep. Several kids from a church I used to attend went to KCU. And I actually met the original keyboardist for Audio Adrenaline (who did get together at KCU). He teaches (or at least he taught) 6th grade science.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The roster features kids from all of the Burg's old rivals outside of West. And no, Minford & South Webster were not rivals. They may be today but not back when the covered wagon used to pick me up for school.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I agree. We should not be playing cupcakes. We should play P5 conference schools.
Teams from P5 conferences don't play all P5 teams. Nobody does, and there is a reason for that. I love how Ritchie is playing his 2-3 non-D1 games against small christian schools. It is mutually beneficial.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
lawrenceq wrote:Another game Liberty has no business playing.
WVU played Wheeling Jesuit today Play Basketball
To be fair Wheeling IS in WV and Huggy Bear probably needed to go give his Annual Confession
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Chippy wrote:
lawrenceq wrote:Another game Liberty has no business playing.
WVU played Wheeling Jesuit today Play Basketball
To be fair Wheeling IS in WV and Huggy Bear probably needed to go give his Annual Confession
. . . . and purchase indulgences :D
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
The Big South a one bid league, and putting together a strong enough schedule to get an at-large bid would be hard to do. I personally think anything over two non D1 games is too many.
Last edited by lawrenceq on December 18th, 2017, 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:The Big South a one bid league, and putting together a strong enough schedule to get an at-large bid would be hard to do. I personally think anything over two non D1 games is too many.
Taking those games off our schedule is not going to get us an at large bid.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
lawrenceq wrote:The Big South a one bid league, and putting together a strong enough schedule to get an at-large bid would be hard to do. I personally think anything over two non D1 games is too many.
Taking those games off our schedule is not going to get us an at large bid.
It sure won't this year. Maybe it would in the future.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:They should schedule 10 D2 games per year then.
Uh, wrong. The pre-conference schedule needs to prepare the team for conference play, and ultimately the conference tourney, because that is how you are getting into the dance. Any slim chance a BSC team would have for an at large would be centered around a lot of total wins and at least 2 signature wins over ranked teams. Nobody will care if a couple of those wins were against non D1 or D1 bottom feeders.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
You say no but The Winthrop team I believe in 06 was close if it had been knocked out of the conference tourney.

Conference needs to go to 22 conference games to solve this issue. Once Hampton and USCUS joins it should work.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]