If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
With the win, Liberty moves to 2-0 this season on the road, after knocking off Wake Forest earlier this year. It marks the first time the Flames have won two non-conference road games in the same season since the 2000-01 campaign when Liberty defeated Virginia Tech and Albany under former head coach Mel Hankinson.
:shock:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A Hanky reference: and one about Hanky winning games? :dontgetit
By BearlyDoug
Registration Days Posts
Be watching for game pics. Just sent Jon a link to the ZIP file... IF he doesn't use them all, I will have them available (all 222 photos) on TheFan.net, soon
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:A Hanky reference: and one about Hanky winning games? :dontgetit
It's easy to forget that during the 4 year era of Marvelous Mel, sandwiched between the 2 worst seasons in program history were 2 years of dazzling mediocrity where we went 14-14 and 13-15 and actually beat the Hokies twice.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Everyone turning it over, but GPO turning it over as much as he is , its strange.

The final shot attempt was not a good one. I do not believe we had a time out, and I did not see any action. Maybe Mckay does not want to put it on tape just yet.

I. Williams is a dominant force on defense, he was the difference maker when he started guarding Simon.

Myo appears to be in the dog house.

Kemrite finally found his efficient shooting touch from last season. Hopefully he stays hitting open threes into conference play. Has to be a little confidence booster.

This is the most I have seen a Mckay team whine to the refs.

Great Win for the program. Really like our team and our chances in the tournament.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I dont think hes in the dog house. I think its more of scottie and williams both need to play about 32 min a game. Myo actually played well in his limited minutes last night. He has to learn to finish consistently.

Last night was the first time weve shot above average all year. It took every bit of it to erase a 16 point deficit. Kemrite was hitting shots but he got abused on d twice in crucial spots. I still think we need to limit his minutes against super athletic teams unless hes hot.

Should win the next 2 heading into the new orleans shootout. Fort wayne is winnable, do we play new orleans in the 2nd game?
Last edited by jinxy on December 5th, 2017, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: Fort wayne is winnable
I caught some of the Fort Wayne v. Akron game last night. Fort Wayne is going to be a tough game for us match up wise. They have some tall and accurate outside shooters. That is the antidote for the pack line.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote:
jinxy wrote: Fort wayne is winnable
I caught some of the Fort Wayne v. Akron game last night. Fort Wayne is going to be a tough game for us match up wise. They have some tall and accurate outside shooters. That is the antidote for the pack line.
Sorry but GO MASATADONS Gotta root for my hometown Summit City Boys
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]