If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Toccoa Falls College
Toccoa Falls, Georgia

TFC Hoops Official Site

Kevin Hall
1st Season as TFC Head Coach

2017-2018 Schedule/Results
  • OCT 31 - Truett-McConnell ............................. L-76-108
    NOV 01 - @ Montreat ...................................... L-85-117
    NOV 04 - @ Point ............................................ L-79-117
    NOV 11 - @ Appalachian State ....................... L-34-135
    NOV 12 - @ Mercer ......................................... L-43-110
    NOV 20 - @ Charleston Southern ................... L-36-107
    NOV 25 - @ Liberty .......................................... 2:00 PM
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Is this the worst college basketball team in the history of college basketball teams? lost by 101 points to an App squad that is #230 in KenPom. Let's try to avoid comparing victory margins, because I doubt Ritchie would let something like that happen. He would have Farquar, Hiepler and Hicks all out there for major minutes, and we will hopefully see the first significant action from Caleb.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Except for one 7-footer, their next tallest guy is 6'5".
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’ve seen and heard more promo for this than I did the Paradise Jam!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Paradise Jam had several electronic billboards in Forest, but you probably didn't see any in Concord.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Paradise Jam had several electronic billboards in Forest, but you probably didn't see any in Concord.
Yeah. I don’t live with the Hoi Paloi. Ha. I was thinking more on radio. The medium I pay the most attention to
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Hey, they have their own 186-foot waterfall in the middle of their campus. Who else can claim that distinction?

They are a small CMA school with whom we share some likeminded similarities. Every year we throws bones to small Christian schools in nearly every sport. I am good with the practice. Sure, it is a mismatch of epic proportions. But we have been on the receiving end of those over the years.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Having grown up CMA I am quite familiar with the history of the college. Knew several people who went there. They were never known for their basketball prowess. Or any sport for that matter.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
What Division are they ?

Looks as if their defense and our football defense have something in common, if you know what I mean.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:What Division are they ?

Looks as if their defense and our football defense have something in common, if you know what I mean.
They are NCCAA
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The extra "C" stands for Christian (seriously). My first alma mater won several NCCAA national championships in basketball. Play Basketball
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Having grown up CMA I am quite familiar with the history of the college. Knew several people who went there. They were never known for their basketball prowess. Or any sport for that matter.
After a little research I found that they actually have won a few national championships(NCCAA DII) in baseball in the past decade or so. Good for them.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Nice find, Morado. Once again, I will add that like-minded smaller colleges tend to be the focus for us filling these holes in our schedule. That's why Clarks Summit and Cincinnati Christian have become such regular features on our lineup. of course, I'd love to have more home-and-homes with like-minded schools like HBU & DBU. But that is just me getting greedy.

CJ - I wonder what happened to those NCCAA banners in Chatty? They have to be somewhere. Ron Bishop would have made sense before his passing. One of those would make an awesome man cave feature.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:CJ - I wonder what happened to those NCAA banners in Chatty? They have to be somewhere. Ron Bishop would have made sense before his passing. One of those would make an awesome man cave feature.
Sly, the last I heard, the Tenn. Temple basketball trophies/banners ended up at Piedmont, the college they merged with, but I recently heard that Piedmont is merging with another Christian college.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Considering that Piedmont was one of their rivals back in the day, that is the ultimate slap in the face. Oh well.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
My wife is TFC alumni, and we are members of a CMA church.

Toccoa made a decision a few years ago to scale back their athletics programs significantly. It is a great school with lots of great alumni and professors. This season will be painful for them. There are a few Toccoa alumni that are pulling hard for their 102 point loss a few years back to be eclipsed by this year's team. They do not want to hold the record for worst loss in NCAA history any longer.

I plan on being there Saturday. It will be interesting to see if Mckay "pulls back the reigns".

In a statement on facebook by the official TFC athletics page, they said they were disappointed that App state didn't "pull back the reigns" a little more.
By walksports
Sly Fox wrote:... of course, I'd love to have more home-and-homes with like-minded schools like HBU & DBU. But that is just me getting greedy.
With Cabbil being a senior next year, perhaps they'll get a game in the Metroplex since he played his high school ball in Mansfield. TCU would be the closest with DBU, SMU and then UNT.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
In a perfect world ...

We have a senior from Conroe this season and the closest we get is New Orleans in this go around. Of course they played at UH a year ago. So again I am just getting greedy.
By walksports
And Lamar too last year re: Kemrite.

Part 2. If you look at Toccoa Falls College's schedule page, they're 0-3.

They count the Appalachian State and Mercer contests as exhibitions as evidenced by the following "writeup" - http://www.tfcathletics.com/article/236.php

Like some of the private and parochial high schools here in Texas I follow/cover that tweet out their football scores on Friday evening, "13-44". Instead of just saying "The other team 44, us 13".
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Liberty was involved in the NCCAA at one time, as well. Don't forget those great games against teams like Fishburne Military!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:Liberty was involved in the NCCAA at one time, as well. Don't forget those great games against teams like Fishburne Military!
Don’t forget National Champions as well
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I think Liberty's NCAA championship may have been against TTU in the title game. I know that it was a rare time in that period when Ron Bishop's guys didn't win the title.

Talk about your rabbit trails.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I think Liberty's NCAA championship may have been against TTU in the title game. I know that it was a rare time in that period when Ron Bishop's guys didn't win the title.

Talk about your rabbit trails.
The team we beat in the final was Point Loma College from CA. They featured a 6'10" center who I believe had a cup of coffee in the NBA. It was a wire job and they got it inside to their big guy for a shot to win at the buzzer. Our 6'3" FR center, Rod Martin, blocked the shot. It was the last thing he did on the basketball court for the Flames. He didn't come back for his SO year.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]